Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
My grandma used to pan fry lightly breaded zucchini as a side dish when I was a kid and it was truly one of my favorite sides to eat! So simple, but it was just tasty. Isn’t that how most Grandma recipes are anyway?
I’ve been loving my air fryer and thought it would be yummy to give my childhood favorite a healthier and lower carb makeover!
These fries are not breaded in regular flour or bread crumbs, but rather a mixture of almond flour and grated Parmesan cheese. I love the added flavor all the Parmesan adds to these! And as you can see from the photos, look how perfectly crispy they turned out to be!
I also have a Baked Zucchini Fries recipe that’s very similar if you don’t have an air fryer at home or if you don’t mind some carbs!
I mixed up some ketchup and mayonnaise together to dip these in, but whatever your favorite dipping sauce is would probably be good. My Best Ever Burger and Fry Sauce would be fabulous with these fries too!
If you want to make this exact recipe, but don’t have an air fryer, I’ve also included instructions in the recipe card to bake them. They should still crisp up, but not quite as much as the air fryer. Good either way though!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- cooking spray
- Cut each zucchini in half, then slice into fries, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add the beaten egg to one shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, stir together the almond flour, Parmesan, garlic powder, and salt. Spray tray or air fryer with cooking spray.
- Dip each fry into the egg and then roll in the almond flour mixture until coated. Place onto the air fryer tray in a single layer, leaving some space in between each fry (you will likely need to cook in 2-3 batches).
- Spray the fries with cooking spray. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining zucchini fries. Serve with desired dipping sauce.
To bake in the oven, bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until the fries are golden and tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 810mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 18g