5-Minute Pizza Sauce
I make a lot of homemade pizza in this house, definitely more so than ordering pizza. Homemade is always so much better, don’t you think? I typically make large batches of my tomato sauce and like to freeze some of it in smaller portions to use for pizzas, but sometimes when I’ve got my dough all ready, I go to the freezer and after what seems like 5 hours of digging around, I find that I am all out of small pizza sauce containers. Oh, the tragedy! And plain tomato sauce right out of the can is just too boring, but I always seem to have it and tomato paste on the ready so one day I just threw them together into the food processor with some garlic and spices and bam! Instant pizza sauce!
This sauce really couldn’t be any easier. It just takes about 5 minutes to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. I like my pizza sauce to be on the thicker side which is why I use a whole can of tomato paste. There is nothing worse than using watery sauce on a pizza. If you like for your sauce to be thinner though, you can certainly use less of the tomato paste.
- 1 can (15 ounces) plain tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and well-combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon onto pizza dough or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 9Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g