24 Perfect Back-to-School Recipes
Back to school, Back to school, to prove to dad that I’m not a fool! (Quick, name that movie!)
Whelp, it’s that time of year, back-to-school! Kids are complaining and parents are rejoicing. I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite quick and simple recipes to hopefully help make things a little easier. I’ve got you covered for breakfast, snacks, lunches, and dinners! And the great thing about these recipes is that they are not just things for the kids, these are family-friendly recipes for all ages!
(from left to right, top to bottom)
1. Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies – Who could say no to cookies for breakfast? Not me! These cookies are healthy and do not contain any sugar or butter. Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack on-the-go!
2. Low-Carb Egg Muffins – This is one of my favorite recipes to make. These egg muffins are great for the whole family as you can really mix in whatever ingredients you want with veggies, bacon, cheeses. These are really customizable and best of all, healthy!
3. PB&J Muffins – Nothing says back-to-school like PB&J if you ask me. These muffins are so yummy and perfect for quick breakfasts and snacks. They are made with whole wheat flour and less sugar too!
4. Berry and Banana Oat Breakfast Smoothie – Smoothies are a great way to pack in fruits for the day. This smoothie also contains oats which makes it a perfect nutritious breakfast!
5. No-Bake Energy Bites – These energy bites are one of the most popular recipes on this blog. First, they are no-bake, and second, they are packed with good nutrients and protein! I like to keep a batch in the fridge and just pop a couple when I need a little pick-me-up!
6. Strawberry Peach Fruit Leather – Remember fruit roll-ups? You can totally make your own with just a few all-natural ingredients and they even taste so much better than the processed ones!
7. Peanut Butter Banana Trail Mix – I love a good trail mix and it’s so much cheaper to make your own mixes and also so simple. I love this peanut butter banana version!
8. Strawberry Apple Fruit Leather – I know, another fruit leather recipe, but I couldn’t make up my mind between which to share so I decided to share both!
9. Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps – So I’m obsessed with these lettuce wraps for lunches. The chicken salad itself is so easy and so good. Make a huge batch and put it on a sandwich for the kiddos and keep it low-carb for yourself with lettuce wraps!
10. Southwestern Chicken Sandwich – This sandwich is a favorite of ours. I use rotisserie chicken or you can also use leftover grilled chicken. This sandwich is a great recipe to change things up and make something a little more gourmet-tasting.
11. Easy Egg Salad – Egg salad is another favorite of mine and this recipe is ready in a flash!
12. Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes – I’m a total believer in easy no-fuss side dishes and these potatoes definitely fit that bill and are so addicting! Perfect for serving with any kind of meat.
13. Creamy Vegetable Lasagna Rolls – Looking for a meatless dinner option? I highly recommend these veggie lasagna rolls. I packed them with spinach, squash, and zucchini.
14. Easy Chicken Parmesan – I’m also embarrassed to say how often we make this recipe. I use my favorite frozen chicken strips and make a quick sauce and this dinner is ridiculously easy when you really are short on time or in a hurry to get something on the table.
15. Chicken Sausage and Kale Pasta – This is another pasta dish that comes together really quickly. I use lean chicken sausage and lots of kale for a nutritious and filling dinner!
16. Skillet Lasagna – I swear after making this the first time, I haven’t made traditional lasagna since. This skillet version tastes exactly the same, but requires half the effort. This dinner cooks entirely in one pan, even the pasta!
17. Crockpot Pot Roast – We adore this pot roast recipe! It’s the comforting and warm and just perfect for easy fall dinners. I make mashed potatoes on the side and this dinner is the ultimate comfort food!
18. Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Tacos – I put this recipe on every roundup I think, but we make this at least twice a month. Who doesn’t love tacos? You can even make extra chicken to use for more dinners during the week like quesadillas or for salads.
19. Crockpot Pulled Pork – This is a recipe everyone needs on hand. Serve these with some extra BBQ sauce and on good buns.
Other dinner options:
20. White Bean and Chicken Chili – Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of chili as the weather starts to cool down. This chili also freezes well so make a double batch to stash away some for another night.
21. Parmesan Baked Chicken – Another favorite recipe in this house! This chicken is a healthier and tastier alternative to fried chicken.
22. Stovetop Chicken Enchiladas – I make a quick homemade enchilada sauce that is so much better than the canned stuff and use rotisserie chicken for a shortcut. Serve with a side of Mexican rice and guac, obviously.
23. Asiago Chicken Sliders – These little sliders are too hard to resist. Chicken is coated in a panko and asiago cheese mixture and baked until golden and then thrown on small buns. Great for customizing with different toppings and heck, you really don’t even need the bun to be honest!
24. Mexican Pizza – And last but not least, this Mexican pizza is another quick and easy dinner. I use lean ground chicken and black beans for the filling so this dinner is packed with protein and ready in just 20 minutes!
What are your favorite back-to-school recipes?!