Flashback Friday: Three Bean Salad
Earlier this summer, I kept hearing all of these people saying that even though it was still so hot, monsoon season would be coming to Phoenix in July. I kind of got excited. Rain! I expected to start seeing all of these great thunderstorms.
It was all lies. Filthy lies, I tell you! I’ve seen one mediocre storm this summer. The Florida girl in me is extremely disappointed. It’s still 111 degrees and no rain. Or maybe there have been storms, but there is just a bubble that surrounds me and so I just never see it. How cruel!
I am counting down the days until it starts to cool down which is basically October. So, I really want it to be October. Not only because of the weather, but also, you know my husband and I are obsessed with Halloween decorations. So, October, hurry up!
For now, I will continue to eat summery dishes like this three bean salad. It’s a great alternative to heavier pasta and potato salads. Plus, it’s stupid easy to make. You can have it all prepped in just 15 minutes!
Three Bean Salad
Yield: serves 6-8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the drained and rinsed beans into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and some salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until combined. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least two hours.
Original Post:Three Bean Salad