I’m tossing another Super Bowl dish at ya. Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos. Go long.
I’m so lame.
My darling husband isn’t much for appetizer or snack-type foods. Is he crazy?!! I know a few things that he can’t resist though and one of those things is buffalo chicken. The man loves all things buffalo chicken. Last year, I made these buffalo chicken bites. This year, it’s buffalo chicken taquitos. Because my man also loves taquitos. And well, so do I.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (can add more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (colby and monterey jack cheese also works well)
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, sour cream (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese and buffalo sauce. Then mix in the chicken, garlic and onion powders, and the cheese until everything is well-combined. If it seems dry, you can add in more buffalo sauce if desired.
- Place the tortillas on a microwavable plate. Place a damp paper towel on top and microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Roll it up nice and tight and place the on the baking sheet seam-side down. Spray the tops with some cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Flip over and spray with a little more of the spray. Bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.