Brown butta…say it with me now!
Is there anything better in this world than browned butter?
No, I didn’t think so.
Brown butter is wonderful on so many dishes, but it is just ridiculously good on this gnocchi and broccoli. And another thing about browned butter is that because of that perfect nutty flavor, you really don’t need a lot of it for your dish to taste good. And then if you throw a bunch of broccoli on top, then that totally negates the brown butter all together. Right? Am I right??
- 2 (16-ounce) packages prepared gnocchi
- 5 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbs. pine nuts, toasted
- shaved or grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese or Pamesan
- Prepare the gnocchi according to the package instructions. During the last minute of cooking, add in the broccoli. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the butter has browned, stirring constantly.
- Add in the gnocchi, garlic, broccoli, and black pepper. Toss until the gnocchi is well-coated in the brown butter sauce. Sprinkle some of the cheese on top and serve!
Recipe from Cooking Light