I’m not sure I can eat another cookie right now. I know, I sound like a crazy person, but I just can’t eat any more for a while…maybe for like 3 days or something.
But, before I start my cookie hiatus, I have to tell you about these cookies first. Earlier this week, I told you I don’t like peppermint. Today, I am going to tell you that chocolate and caramel are two of the greatest things in the universe. Yup, the universe.
So I am not going to waste any more time and will go straight the recipe. Hubs and I are off to Ohio to spend Christmas with my family. And yes, we are driving. Why? Because we hate ourselves. And also, plane tickets were out of control.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. instant espresso (optional)
- about 16 Hershey's caramel kisses (chilled in the refrigerator or the freezer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and 2/3 cup sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, and espresso powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until well-combined.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Place the remaining sugar in a small bowl. Using your hands, roll the dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 tablespoon). Roll each ball into the sugar until lightly coated and place on the baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes. Place a kiss in the center of each cookie and press down gently.