When it comes to salsa, sometimes I like to be a little fancy. What can I say? Sometimes you need to do something a little different. My friends at STAR just came out with four new olive varieties and asked me to come up with some fun recipes. The new flavors include Lemon Stuffed Green Olives, Hot Pepper Stuffed Green Olives, Garlic and Basil Marinated Olives, and Tomato and Peppers Marinated Olives. I’ll be sharing recipes for each of these new olives throughout the next couple of months, but first up is the Spanish-inspired, Tomato and Peppers Green Olives!
I went with a fresh Spanish Salsa with these olives and it was sooooo good! I have to admit that sometimes green olives are a little too salty for me, but I loved this salsa. The green olives paired so perfectly with the fresh tomatoes. And the best part of this was using the marinated pieces of garlic and peppers in the jar!
This salsa is ready in just 5 minutes and is so flavorful and fresh. You literally just toss everything in the food processor and let it go! This salsa is refreshing and perfect for serving for any party, even for watching football! I served it with some lightly salted pita chips, but you could also do sliced and toasted baguette.
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- approx. 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup STAR Tomato and Peppers Green Olives (see note if you can't find these olives)
- pita chips or sliced baguette
- Add the cherry tomatoes and green onions to a food processor followed by the olives. Then, spoon out about 1 tablespoon of the liquid from the jar along with some of the marinated pieces of garlic, tomato, and peppers in the jar.
- Process until desired consistency is reached. Serve with pita chips or bread.
- If you are unable to find the STAR Tomato and Peppers green olives, I also recommend adding one clove of garlic to salsa.
Disclaimer: I have an ongoing relationship with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development. This post is sponsored by STAR. I was compensated for my time and work. However, all opinions of the product stated in this post are my own.