Madeline: Eleven Months
11 Months! Only one more month until this girl will be 1 year old. I can’t even believe it!
New Skills: She is so close to walking on her own. We practice a lot by holding her hand, but she’s been able to stand unassisted and without leaning on anything for longer periods of time so I think she is very close to walking!
Food: Things have been a little better with eating, but Maddie still struggles with not chewing and swallowing before eating more food. For breakfast, we do some combination of TJ’s blueberry waffles, oatmeal, sliced bananas and blueberries, toast, and/or scrambled eggs. Lunch is a combo of yogurt, Annie’s mac and cheese, bites of our sandwiches, turkey, sliced cheddar cheese. Dinner is still difficult. She’s very picky, especially at dinner time. She likes chicken nuggets from Earth’s Best, only certain types of pasta, mashed potatoes, watermelon, homemade applesauce. I try to introduce new things, but most of the time, I end up opening a jar or pouch of stage 3 food so she will eat something! I had in my mind that I would be making all sorts of things, but she just doesn’t seem ready so we are taking things slow and on her own time. For every meal, I try new things, but also have things I know she likes ready and am hoping she will eventually start liking the new thing. We are trying to teach her to use a spoon to feed herself. She kind of does it, but sometimes just wants to play with the food and flings it everywhere!
Teeth: 6! Two more teeth are making their way in on top.
Sleep: Still no complaints on night sleep. Madeline goes down around 7pm and sleeps about 12 straight hours a night! Naps, on the other hand, have been a nightmare over the past week and a half. She’s been fighting her naps, throwing everything out of her crib, taking forever to fall asleep. The past few days, she has been skipping a nap entirely. I don’t know if this just a phase, a teething thing, or if she is ready to go down to one nap, but it’s not fun!
- “Reading”! Nothing keeps her busy like a book. Every morning and evening, she crawls into her room and takes all of her books out her basket and bookshelf and just flips through them. She especially loves lift and flap books.
- Music. She loves dancing and listening to music.
- Touching everything she shouldn’t touch and/or eat like cords, DVD cases, phones, computers, etc..
- Crawling all over the couch and rolling off it into a pile of pillows and blankets.
- Chasing each other around the living room.
- She still hates the vacuum and anything that makes a loud noise like the food processor. She freaks out and runs to us to hold her! She also doesn’t like the Swiffer because we assume it must resemble the vacuum and also makes a weird sound.