How to Keep Your Lunch Fresh
Today we are talking all about lunch and how to pack it up and keep it fresh! As a food blogger, I am constantly wrapping and packaging up recipes. Our food storage cabinet is the stuff of nightmares. No matter how much time I spend organizing it, it’s a mess the next day. I go through a lot of food storage wrapping and containers every week since I work outside the house and have to pack my lunch.
I love using Glad products for my lunches and leftovers. They keep my food fresh and are easy to store and clean!
So here are some of my favorite tips for keeping your lunch fresh!
1. The first tip to keeping lunch nice and fresh is to keep it cool. I always have at least one item in my lunch bag that needs to be chilled. We do have a fridge in the office, but it’s kind of small so I hate stuffing all of my stuff in there. That’s where re-usable ice packs come in handy! I have a few that I constantly have in rotation in the fridge.
1. Truth be told, I don’t love lugging a bunch of containers to work with me. I try to use re-usable containers as much as possible, but sometimes I just like to wrap up my sandwich or flatbreads (which I love to pack with my salads!). Let’s talk about saran wrap for a sec. I’m going to be straight up with you guys and tell you that it drives me all kinds of crazy. It’s hard to get it to stick to anything and gets all messed up. Glad Press n’ Seal is another story though because it actually clings and stays shut! I use it for dry foods, but also even for fruits because I know it will hold them nice and tight. My food never gets soggy when I use it which is also a bonus as I often get stuck eating lunch on the later side!
3. Keep dressings and sauces on the side. There is nothing worse than soggy salad or sandwiches so I always pack my dressings in small dressing-size containers. I also often do the same with spreads and such, especially when I have lettuce or greens on my salad because come lunch time, they turn soggy and I hate that!
4. Containers are really my preferred method for leftovers and lunches. I like that they are re-usable so it produces less waste and they keep my food the most fresh. I also like that they prevent things from getting smashed so they work really well for sandwiches and wraps. I also bring a lot of salads for lunch so containers are a must! I have them in about a gazillion shapes and sizes (which is why my storage cabinet is a disaster).
5. I’m also a big fan of using storage containers to freeze soups for lunch during the cooler months. I like to make big batches of soups. I will freeze my soups in individual portion-sized containers. The night before, I put the container in the fridge. By the morning, it is mostly defrosted and is ready for me to take to work to warm up and enjoy!
6. Finally, I have to keep things interesting! I can eat the same lunch a couple of days in a row, but after a week, I am over it and need a change. Whether it’s a sandwich, wrap, or a salad, I change my fillings and toppings with different meats, cheeses, and veggies!
So what are some of my favorite lunch recipes? Check them out below!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Federated Media Publishing and Glad. While I was compensated for my work, all opinions are my own.