I’m eating so much fruit lately and can never seem to get enough, especially watermelon. I think it’s because I’m so dang thirsty. I have been spending a ridiculous amount of money on fruit over the past few weeks and have been loving just making a huge container of assorted fruits to snack on during the week.
Fruit dip is one of those things I rarely have, but sometimes I just get a hankering for it. And how perfect would fruit dip be for your summer parties? Totally perfect. Fruit dips can be made in a lot of ways. I’ve seen them with marshmallow fluff or pudding. I opted for light cream cheese and a container of vanilla yogurt. It helps keep the sugar and calories down, but you’ll still feel like you are treating yourself to something special. So you’ve got cream cheese and yogurt. I know, so difficult, but summer eats shouldn’t be difficult! I added in some lemon juice and lemon zest for extra flavor. I didn’t add any sweeteners to mine because I felt the yogurt made it sweet enough, but you can easily sweeten it if you prefer. You can also have fun experimenting with different flavors of yogurts. You know I love versatility!
This dip is so fluffy and is the perfect accompaniment to a big bowl of fresh fruit. How could you NOT dip fruit in this?! And I think at this point, I have tried pretty much every fruit you can imagine and they all pair perfectly so go crazy!
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese (can use reduced fat or Neufchâtel)
- 1 (6-ounce) container vanilla yogurt (regular, low fat, or Greek) (you can also experiment with other flavors!)
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest (optional)
- honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar to sweeten (optional; add to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Serve immeaditely with fresh fruit or chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.