Easy Egg Salad
Easter becomes much more fun when you have a little one in the house. I realize Maddie has no clue what’s going on, but that didn’t matter to me, she had to have a huge basket bigger than she is and was stuffed to the brim with goodies. Oh, and of course, a pretty dress!
It was also apparently a yummy dress as it was impossible to get a picture of her without her dress in her mouth…
Anyway, onto the recipe! If you have some leftover Easter eggs to use up, this egg salad is the perfect recipe! Like chicken or potato salad, I have the same rules for my egg salad: 1. Not too much mayo, and 2. texture, texture, texture!
I think this has the perfect amount of mayo, not so much that it’s drowning and not so little that it’s too dry. The great thing about a recipe like this though is that you can add more or less of the mayo and/or veggies however you prefer! For added crunch, I mixed in some diced celery and green onion. Other than that, it’s just a little mustard powder and salt and pepper and you’re good to go! This egg salad took no time to mix up and I’m really looking forward to lunch this week.
Easy Egg Salad
Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled and shell removed
- 2/3 cup diced celery (about 1 large stalk)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop hard-boiled eggs into small bite-siz pieces and add to a bowl. Add the celery and green onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and mustard powder. Spoon over the diced egg mixture and stir gently until well-combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with bread of choice and/or over greens. Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge.