Cherry Peach Galette
Oh Monday, how did you get here so fast? I was thoroughly enjoying my weekend of nothingness and sleeping in and then you had to come and ruin it all…Now, it’s back to work and back to prepping for my defense next week.
I was really excited to get back into the kitchen this weekend! I made a huge pot of tomato sauce and this galette! I have been wanting to make a galette for some time and after a trip to the grocery store, I found some beautiful peaches and cherries that seemed too perfect not to use in this recipe!
It was pretty easy to make. I used a refrigerated pie crust because I was feeling slightly lazy and also because I am not the best at making my own pie crusts. however, even with using pre-made crust, I did have an issue with my crust cracking while baking and a lot of the fruity juices came leaking out all over the place! Wahhhh, baking is just not my thing! But, I like galettes because they don’t have to be perfect! The rustic look they have is very forgiving for inexperienced bakers like myself! Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Cherry Peach Galette
Yield: serves 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and sliced in half (I used Bing cherries)
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- turbinado (raw) sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries and peaches. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Mix the sugar mixture in with the fruit. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Take the pie dough and roll out into a 12-inch circle. Place the dough on top of a baking mat or parchment paper. Pour the fruit mixture into the center, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Fold the sides over the fruit, pleating when necessary. Brush some of the milk on the crust. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar on the crust. Keeping the galette on the paper or mat, slide onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until the crust is lightly browned.