Are you dying from cuteness yet?
I was going to wait until Friday to post these little guys since I have posted them once before, but they are so darn cute that I have to post them today instead.
No joke, while I was photographing these I felt like I was shooting photos for a boy band’s new album cover. And then once that happened, I couldn’t stop taking photos in this way because it’s too funny. Especially the photo below. Total album cover material. I’ll call my penguin band The Waddles.
Are you guys still even listening to me?
Though they really appeal to the kiddos, I think they are just as fun for adults too! Whoever you make them for, they are perfect for any holiday party to serve as an appetizer. They can be a little time consuming, but it is well worth the effort I think because they will certainly catch everyone’s attention! Another great thing about them is that compared to a lot of other holiday appetizers, this one is much healthier. I used plain cream cheese, but you could use other flavors if you wanted to!
- 1 6 oz. can small pitted black olives, drained
- 2 6 oz. cans extra large pitted black olives, drained
- 3 carrots
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- Slice your carrots into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices. Once the cream cheese has softened, spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a small tip.
- Take a carrot slice and cut a small triangle out of it. The triangle you have just cut is the nose and the remaining piece are the feet! Take an extra large olive and cut a slit into one side. Take your piping bag and pipe the cream cheese into the olive until it is filled and make sure you can see some of the cream cheese poking out of the slit you cut to make the tummy. Take a toothpick and stick one end into the feet. Slide the filled olive down on top of the feet. Then, take a small olive and insert the triangle you cut into the hole to make your penguin's head and beak. Slide the small olive on top of the stomach and there you go!