Apple Brie Panini
Okay, did you guys watch Walking Dead last night? I did and I feel like I need a good week to recover from all of the horribleness. I suspected certain people would go, but actually seeing it happen was a whole other thing! I need comfort food, alcohol, and a hug. Stat!
You want to know what one of the most perfect things in the world is? Brie. Yeah, I mean, seriously, what’s not to love? It’s just decadent and creamy and I love how it melts so perfectly. It’s certainly comfort food for me!
I’ve always adored apple and brie sandwiches. The apple pairs so nicely with the mild brie flavor. This is really a very simple panini, but I added a couple of touches to kick it up a level. First, I roasted the apples with a touch of cinnamon and it was heavenly! I also added in some walnuts which I like because it gave the panini a bit of a crunch.
You can always add in other things to this sandwich if desired like turkey, bacon, arugula, mustard, whatever you like! Either way this sandwich is the perfect panini for the season when you want something warm and toasty!
Apple Brie Panini
Yield: serves 2
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced, rind removed
- 4 slices bread of your choice
- optional add-ins: turkey, bacon, arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper. Arrange apple slices in a single layer and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Roast the apples for about 10-12 minutes until tender.
- While the apples are roasting, spread some butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place two slices buttered-side down on a cutting board. Divide the apple slices, brie slices, and the walnuts evenly amongst each slice of bread. Then place the remaining two slices on top, buttered-side up.
- Prepare a panini press or a grill pan over medium heat. Place the sandwiches onto the pan or press. If using a pan, press down on each sandwich with a spatula and cook fon each side about 2-3 minutes until golden on each side. Serve.