Parmesan Ranch Popcorn

Parmesan Ranch Popcorn

Have I told you guys how much I love popcorn? I really love it. Compared to potato chips, it’s a much healthier snack choice to munch on and if you make it yourself, the flavor possibilities are endless!

I used to be a microwave-only kind of popcorn girl until I was in college and my old roommates and I didn’t have a microwave for a bit after we first moved in. One day we really wanted popcorn. Instead of buying a microwave, we bought plain popcorn kernels and popped some up ourselves and I have never looked back since. It just tastes better, fresher I guess.

While I am a sucker for sweet popcorn toppings, I think I prefer savory toppings a smidge more, especially when any kind of cheese is involved. Parmesan cheese is a super easy topping for popcorn as you can just sprinkle it on so one day while I was feeling adventurous, I reached for a packet of ranch seasoning and then the best popcorn ever was born! I love all things ranch I think! It’s cheesy and tangy! To make sure the flavor really comes through, I stuck the popcorn in the oven for a few minutes and it got all warm. This is the perfect snack to snuggle up on the couch with while watching a movie or reading a good book.

Parmesan Ranch Popcorn

Parmesan Ranch Popcorn

Yield: 3 quarts

• Approx. 3 quarts popped popcorn
  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the popcorn on a cookie sheet.
  2. Melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in the ranch seasoning and cheese. Pour the butter mixture over the top of the popcorn. With clean hands, toss the butter mixture with the popcorn until it is well-coated. Bake the popcorn in the oven for about 7 minutes until it just turns a light golden color. Remove and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.

Parmesan Ranch Popcorn

15 Responses to “Parmesan Ranch Popcorn”

Choc Chip Uru — November 6, 2013 at 1:34 am

Mmmm, this popcorn makeover is magic :D

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 6, 2013 at 8:03 am

Love how simple this is! I have been on a major popcorn kick this month! I just can’t get enough of it! So good!

Kristi — November 6, 2013 at 11:56 am

I love this idea. Popcorn is the best snack, but sometimes I just like a little bit more flavor wise and this looks like it would do just the trick.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — November 6, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I love snacking on popcorn in the evening, especially popcorn that is savory! This will be happening soon!

Ash-foodfashionparty — November 6, 2013 at 12:15 pm

The popcorn sounds great. Simple, the kids would love it.

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — November 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Flavored popcorn is the only popcorn I eat and I could basically live off ranch so I love love love this!! Yum!

Ramona — November 7, 2013 at 6:50 am

I love popcorn! I love ranch! What’s not to love about this popcorn!! I am definitely going to try this out. I “air pop” my own popcorn in the microwave. I just put regular kernels in a brown paper lunch bag and pop… easy and perfect popcorn every time. :)

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living — November 7, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I’m the same way, I will eat almost anything as long as its covered in ketchup, and I fear it’s not the healthiest of choices. What other sort of other unexpected toppings would you recommend or have thought of but haven’t tried?

francesca — November 8, 2013 at 3:21 am

Ranch rocks, and I miss it so here in Holland. This popcorn looks awesome

Meghan — November 10, 2013 at 12:24 pm

This would be dangerous to have in front of me! I prefer savory a bit more too and this looks awesome!

Sapphires — December 27, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Absolutely excellent, and I did add real parmesan cheese to the popcorn I made on the stove. Both of us loved it.

• Stephanie replied: — December 29th, 2013 @ 5:26 pm