Holiday Gifts for Foodies: 2013
The Holiday season is officially here! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now we are onto holiday shopping mode. Did you guys do the Black Friday thing? I just can’t do it. It’s too much. People are crazy and it’s not worth the savings for me. I much prefer to do as much of my holiday shopping online as possible. There is nothing better than shopping in the comfort of your own home! I’ve been scouring the interwebz the last few days and have come up with a list of some great gift ideas for the foodie(s) in your life. And best of all, everything is $50 and under!
1. Salts of the World - Uncommon Goods – $40: I am really loving this salt set. First, it comes in awesome test tubes. And second, I am so intrigued by the flavors such as smoked salt from Denmark or black salt from Cyprus. This is really a cool gift for any foodie!
2. Eat Cake for Breakfast Mug - Kate Spade – $20: This. Mug. Do I even need to say more?
3. Taste of Holiday Coffee Gift Set - Barnie’s CoffeeKitchen – $29.95: A gift set like this is perfect for the coffee lover. I highly recommend this set from Barnie’s CoffeeKitchen which includes their Santa’s White Christmas (coconut, nuts, caramel, vanilla), Traditional Holiday (amaretto and cinnamon), and Peppermint Bark blends. I have been drinking their holiday blends for years and love them all!
4. Aprons - Anthropologie – $36: I adore a cute apron and how perfect is this stripey number from Anthropologie?!
5. Wine Pairing Towel Set – Uncommon Goods – $28: Um, how freaking cool are these towels? There are over 3000 pairings listed on them and they tell you which foods you should and should not pair with each wine! Want.
6. Candles - Bath and Body Works – $20: I am obsessed with candles and have one going every night. Bath and Body Works has a great selection of holiday and treat-scented candles! Marshmallow Fireside is my favorite. My husband and I call it crack. Seriously. It’s amazing! Buy one. Immediately. Oh, and they have a sale right now where you can get 2 3-wick candles for $22. Great deal!
7. Hoppy Holidays Beer Glasses Set - Crate and Barrel – $15.80: For the beer lover! These fun and festive glasses say “Hoppy Holidays”!
8. Gourmet Candy - Crate and Barrel – $16.95: You can never go wrong with the gift of gourmet candy. These dark chocolate and sea salt peanut butter bites look amazing!
9. Hanukkah Confetti Plate - Crate and Barrel – $7.95: I can’t leave my Jewish friends out of this! These plates from Crate and Barrel are too fun and I adore the colors! These would make a great hostess gift (and they are on sale right now!)!
10. D.I.Y. Rice Sack Therapy Heating Pads - Any craft store – $25: So why would a rice sack be a good gift for a foodie? I know it seems weird, but hear me out. First, I love homemade gifts. And second, after a long day in the kitchen making big meals or baking, I love laying down on the couch with one of these homemade heating pads. I made these last year for every woman in my family. They are pretty cheap to make as all you need is fabric, needle and thread (a sewing machine is really helpful too though), rice, and some essential oils. I went out and bought a bunch of different fabrics and oils and went to town! I made them in different sizes too. I kept a set for myself and use them all of the time. Homemade gifts for the win!