I’ve been a salad-making fiend lately. I think my body is trying to pack in as much greens as possible before Fall officially arrives and I start eating like crap.
I was recently asked by organicgirl greens if I wanted to try their new five happiness blend of greens which includes baby bok choy leaves, baby red chard, tango, mizuna, baby arugula, baby spinach, baby green chard, baby green romaine, and baby green oakleaf lettuce (that’s a lot of greens!). I was also asked to create a recipe using the five happiness blend.
And then my life got really crazy. I got the greens and just stuffed them in the back of my fridge and there they sat for 8 days. When I finally got some time this past weekend, I dreaded opening the greens. I just assumed that they would be all wilted. I clearly have no faith in my greens. Whenever I buy clamshells of lettuce, they seem to only last a few days before starting to go bad. But when I went to open my organicgirl greens, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were still absolutely perfect. Not one leaf had even started to wilt. This was a first for me! I love how fresh these greens are and of course, it’s an even bigger plus that these greens are organic and washed 3 times before being packaged.
Given that this blend contained some baby bok choy, I obviously decided to create an Asian-inspired salad. I topped my greens with shredded carrots, diced cumcumber, and sugar snap peas. The crunchy veggies paired with the slightly sweet sesame peanut dressing made for a perfect little salad! Serve it up with additional veggies and/or chicken, and call it a meal!
After you check out the recipe, scroll down to see how you can win some organicgirl greens! There is going to be FIVE winners, so don’t miss out on this one!
- 1 1/2 tbs. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- 1/2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. plus 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups organicgirl five happiness blend salad
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup sugar snap peas
- sesame peanut dressing
- toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- To make the dressing, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the salad, place the salad onto a plate or bowl. Layer the other ingredients on top. Toss with the sesame peanut dressing.
The folks over at organicgirl are giving greens to FIVE winners! Here’s how to enter:
1. Mandatory entry – what is your favorite salad? Leave a comment with your answer.
2. Like organicgirl on Facebook. Leave a comment telling me you did so.
3. Like Eat. Drink. Love. on Facebook. Leave me a comment telling me you did so.
4. Follow organicgirl on Pinterest. Leave me a separate comment telling me you did so.
5. Follow Eat. Drink. Love. on Pinterest. Leave me a separate comment telling me you did so.
- This contest will end on Friday, August 16th at 11:59pm EST.
- Open to US residents only.
- Five winners will be chosen via a random number generator and will be contacted via email. Winners have 24 hours to to respond otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I was contacted by organicgirl greens and was asked to review their five happiness blend. They sent me the greens to review. As always, all opinions are my own.