Berry and Mascarpone Crostini

Berry and Mascarpone Crostini

I am officially declaring this 4th of July Week on this blog. Or Americana Week. Or Patriotic Week. Whatever you want to call it, I am going to be sharing three great recipes this week that would be perfect to make for the 4th!

Berry and Mascarpone Crostini

I’m not sure whether I want to call this berry and mascarpone crostini an appetizer or a dessert. It could really go both ways. Here’s what ya got: toasted bread smeared with mascarpone cheese and topped with fresh berries and a drizzle of honey. It’s so simple, it’s not even really a recipe, but when it comes to making food for the 4th, I want recipes that are quick and easy as I would much rather be spending the day with family and friends! This crostini looks so festive with its red, white, and blue colors and it just screams summer!

Berry and Mascarpone Crostini

Berry and Mascarpone Crostini

Yield: about 16-20 slices

• 1 french baguette, sliced into 1/2-1-inch thick slices
  • vegetable oil (or melted butter)
  • about 10 oz. mascarpone cheese (can also use cream cheese or ricotta cheese)
  • 1 pint berries of your choice (blueberries, raspberries, and/or sliced strawberries)
  • honey (for drizzling on top)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the slices of bread on a large baking sheet. Brush the top of each slice with some vegetable oil. Toast the slices in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes.
  2. Spread some of the mascarpone cheese on top of each slice. Top with a pile of berries and then a drizzle of honey

Berry and Mascarpone Crostini

26 Responses to “Berry and Mascarpone Crostini”

Choc Chip Uru — June 24, 2013 at 6:45 am

What a beautiful crostini to begin your week of celebrations :)

Ramona — June 24, 2013 at 7:52 am

I will 2nd your declaration for it to be Americana week since I want to see more of your beautiful dishes. This one is fantastic and I never thought to put fresh berries on crostini like this. YUM! :)

Ashley — June 24, 2013 at 10:56 am

These crostini sound fantastic! I love simple dishes like this : )

Emily @ Life on Food — June 24, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I have seen this before with whipped ricotta but not mascarpone. I haven’t tried either. The idea is wonderful though. I cannot see the rest of the red, white and blue creations.

Dan from Platter Talk — June 24, 2013 at 1:28 pm

What a beautiful post. Simple and summer – what could be better?

Ari @ Ari's Menu — June 24, 2013 at 2:45 pm

That picture of drizzling the honey…ugghhh…sooo pretty!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 24, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Woohoo for 4th of July week! This crostini looks amazing. I love the sweet honey drizzle :)

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 24, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Oh wow, Steph! These are SO gorgeous and smart! I would have never thought to make a berry and mascarpone crostini for a party. I absolutely love this!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 24, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Yum! I had mascarpone cheese for the first time this year and now I am in love!! Your idea of mascarpone and berries on bread is awesome!!! I love this and would love to eat it!!!!

Kristi@msfk — June 24, 2013 at 9:07 pm

These look great, perfect for the Fourth!

Julie @ Table for Two — June 24, 2013 at 9:42 pm

These look like the perfect bites for the fourth! So pretty!!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — June 25, 2013 at 3:49 am

How gorgeous is this?! I most definitely need to make this for July 4th!

steph@stephsbitebybite — June 25, 2013 at 7:44 am

Loving this!! I usually see savory crostini, but this is looking so much better!

Carolyn — June 25, 2013 at 7:59 am

Looks delicious and easy! I love the sweetness of mascarpone.

Jennie @themessybakerblog — June 25, 2013 at 8:30 am

These are gorgeous! Mmm, and I love the touch of honey.

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — June 25, 2013 at 7:11 pm

This is the most beautiful crostini ever!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — June 26, 2013 at 5:04 am

These are lovely and so beautiful to look at!! I’m sure they were delicious as well, I love the mascarpone/berries combo ;)

Sara(home is where the cookies are) — June 26, 2013 at 6:40 am

Oh, I love this! French bread is such a great dessert vehicle that is so overlooked sometimes, right? And I love the cheese and berries and the romantic little drizzle of honey. Bravo. It’s beautiful and I can practically taste it already!!

Meghan — June 28, 2013 at 10:45 am

I could eat these every day and be very happy! Beautiful!

1. Pingback: Patriotic Popcorn - Eat. Drink. Love.

2. Pingback: Cheap Recipe Blog » 50 Cheap Recipes for the 4th of July

3. Pingback: Strawberry Blueberry Salsa - Eat. Drink. Love.

4. Pingback: 4th of July: Breakfast | because you asked me to

5. Pingback: Fourth of July Fruit Skewers | Snappy Gourmet

6. Pingback: Berry Crostini | Just a Spoonful of Sugar

7. Pingback: My Favorite Recipes: 2013 » Eat. Drink. Love.