Parmesan Baked Chicken
So, I have a problem. A Candy Crush problem. I started playing it this past weekend and now I can’t stop. I need a Candy Crush intervention. I was playing in bed last night and my husband had to actually yell at me to stop and go to sleep or I was going to be very grumpy in the morning from not getting enough sleep. He was right. I was in a seriously foul mood. Sometimes I feel like I am still like a baby when it comes to sleep. If I don’t get enough sleep, my day is miserable and my husband has to deal with it. Poor guy…
Anyway, I did manage to pull myself away from all the candy crushin’ long enough to make this Parmesan baked chicken. We don’t ever have fried chicken in this house, it’s just not something I really want to make. Don’t get me wrong, who doesn’t love fried chicken?! This chicken is my compromise. It’s just crispy enough to satisfy any fried chicken craving, but without all the grease and heavy breading! The Parmesan cheese adds a nice flavor to the breading as well. This chicken is perfect for the whole family and you can serve it with pretty much anything you want! I served it with some creamy garlic shells and some veggies. We had leftovers so I brought a piece to work for lunch the next day and it was still really tasty, which is saying a lot for me because I tend to hate reheated chicken! If you are looking for a recipe that involves little prep work and that you can just throw in the oven, give this chicken a try!
Parmesan Baked Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie dish, mix together the panko, Parmesan cheese, salt, and the garlic powder.
- One piece at a time, brush the chicken on one side with the butter. Place buttered side down into the bread crumb mixture. Brush more of the butter on the other side and flip to coat the other side with the mixture.
- Arrange the pieces of chicken on the baking sheet. Spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Gently flip the chicken over and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden and the chicken is cooked thoroughly.