I kind of suck when it comes to lunch. I usually pack leftovers or salads. Or half the time I am in such a rush in the mornings, I walk over to this little cafe that is so conveniently located right across from my building. There are lots of great healthier options there, but it’s not so good on the wallet. I am trying to be better about bringing lunches. My other issue is that I get tired of things really quickly. I can only eat the same sandwich or salad so many times before I want nothing more to do with it for at least a month. This drives my husband crazy because he is the exact opposite.
I need something I can make in 10 minutes or less because I just can’t sacrifice sleep. I just won’t do it. You can’t make me! I’ve been on a peanut butter kick lately, but I need something a little more exciting than the good ol’ peanut butter and jelly. Or course my mind goes straight to Thai flavors. Bring on the spicy peanut sauce and let’s put it in a chicken wrap! Done and done.
- 2 tbs. peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (can add more if you want)
- 1/2 tbs. honey
- 1 medium to large flour tortilla
- 1 cup cooked chicken, sliced (I used rotisserie)
- about 4 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tbs. grated carrots
- 2 tbs. grated cabbage
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Place the chicken in the middle of the tortilla. Spread the basil, carrots, and cabbage on top of the chicken. Drizzle as much of the peanut sauce as you want on top.
- Roll the mixture up nice and tight in the tortilla. Cut in half and serve!