So it turns out that when you try to take pictures of brown balls, they either look like a). meatballs or b). poo. Yes, I just said poo in a food blog. Forgive me.
But really, these are neither of those things. They are tasty little no-bake energy bites that I can’t stop eating. And the great thing about them is that they are healthy! These little bites are packed with fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids. These bites will fill you up and satisfy any sugar cravings (without there actually being a ton of sugar in them). And at only 90 calories per bite, you don’t have to feel guilty about eating them! They would also be perfect for an after-school snack for your kiddos.
Since these bites are no-bake, feel free to play around with the ingredients! I just added some mini chocolate chips to mine, but you could also add raisins, dried fruits, coconut, or nuts. Oh, and did I mention that they are also gluten-free and vegan?! You can’t go wrong with these little bites, so go make a batch right now!
- 1 cup quick oats (use gluten-free oats if you want to for these to be gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (you can also use honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tbs. melted coconut oil
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- 2 tbs. flax seed meal
- 3 tbs. mini chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- dried fruits
- shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well-combined. Cover and refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls. Mine were about 1-1 1/2-inch in diameter.
- Place the bites into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for about 1 week.