Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing

Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing

Why must weekends be only two days? Weekends are not long enough. Saturdays are always spent running around, grocery shopping, and then Sundays are spent cooking and taking photos. I want a day of complete laziness!

Luckily many of the recipes I make are relatively easy because well, I just don’t have the time or energy for more difficult ones. This fruit salad is ridiculously easy, but it is so good, it might just be my new favorite thing. It’s getting to be so dang hot here, I have been craving lots of cold fruit and smoothies. I just couldn’t resist buying so much of it so I could make this salad! The honey lemon dressing is light, but gives the salad the perfect touch of sweetness!

You can use whatever fruits you want for this. I used strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, honey dew, grapes, and oranges. Pineapple or other berries would also be great! Live it up, go crazy!

Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing

Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing

Fruit salad tossed with honey lemon dressing - the perfect summer treat!

Yield: 4-6 servings

• 4 cups chopped fruit of your choice
  • 3 tbs. honey (or to taste; can also use agave nectar)
  • juice of one lemon (can also use the zest if desired)
  • Suggested fruits: strawberries, bananas, mango, pear, cantaloupe, honey dew, pineapple, grapes, oranges, apples, etc.

1. Combine all of the chopped fruit into a large bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lemon juice.
  3. Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss to combine. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes and then serve.

Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing

23 Responses to “Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing”

monica — April 29, 2013 at 4:51 am

Oh there is nothing prettier than fresh fruit. And I love to keep it simple–but this simple little drizzle sounds perfect. Yum.
    (I live in Hawaii so our fruit is different–but it’ll be great with what we have.)
    Thanks–and glad i discovered you (thru Megan’s site. ;))
    aloha

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

Thanks, Monica! So glad to you have you here! The dressing should work well with any fruits!

Choc Chip Uru — April 29, 2013 at 7:29 am

This fruit salad would be perfect to enjoy on a Sunday morning :)

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

It would be the perfect Sunday treat!

leslie — April 29, 2013 at 7:37 am

I think we should work 2 days and the non work days should be 5 days…yep. Sounds like a plan! Love the fruit salad…the dressing sounds delightful!

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

Leslie, I LOVE this idea! Let’s get a petition started!

Ramona — April 29, 2013 at 8:58 am

I love fruit salads too!! It’s the best guilt free treat around. :) In regards to weekends.. sometimes you just have to say the heck with errands and cooking and just order take out and be lazy. :)

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

I think I will have to try that next weekend! :)

Kristen — April 29, 2013 at 9:49 am

Yum – such a beautiful spring time treat!

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

Thank you, Kristen!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 29, 2013 at 9:51 am

I just love fruit salad, makes for a wonderful snack or breakfast! Love the dressing you used on top!! Funny, If I feel like i haven’t had time to do anythign lately, it’s been crazy or maybe I have been more lazy?

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

I need to be lazier on the weekends!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — April 29, 2013 at 10:21 am

I want another day off too!!!

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

Let’s get a petition going!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 29, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Simple and perfect. I am loving this refreshing fruit salad!

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

Thanks, Sally! Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best, aren’t they?

Ashley — April 29, 2013 at 2:24 pm

That’s exactly how all my weekends have been lately …. I’ve started to feel like I need a vacation from the weekend but unfortunately I have that little problem of a job during the week : ) I love this fruit salad …. especially the honey!

• Stephanie replied: — April 29th, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

Darn those full-time jobs!

ashley - baker by nature — April 30, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Perfect Summer time picnic salad! Loooooove it.

Nami | Just One Cookbook — May 2, 2013 at 4:27 pm

How wonderful – I need to try your honey lemon dressing for the fruits. I usually toss up with lemon juice but going to add honey next time!

1. Pingback: Southwestern Chicken Sandwich - Eat. Drink. Love.

2. Pingback: Easter Brunch Recipe Roundup » Eat. Drink. Love.

3. Pingback: 4th of July Recipe Roundup » Eat. Drink. Love.