Lemony Potato Salad

Lemony Potato Salad

After posting those decadent Nutella cheesecake brownies on Monday, I think we need something a little lighter today, don’t you think?!

Along with the brownies, I also brought this potato salad to my potluck party last week. You’ve all heard me say before how picky I am when it comes to potato salads and chicken salads. This potato salad is a great alternative if you do not like the traditional potato salad that has mayo. This lemony potato salad is light and fresh and of course, lemony!

Lemony Potato Salad

This is also the type of dish that you can serve when warm, at room temperature, or cold, which makes it the perfect dish to bring to a party as you do not have to worry about keeping it cold or warm. I tasted some right after I mixed it up (so it was still warm), at the party (at room temp.), and then again the next day when it was cold and I liked the way it tasted every time! I think I am slightly partial to having it warm or at room temperature, but you really can’t go wrong with this one!

Lemony Potato Salad

Lemony Potato Salad

Yield: 4-6 servings

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

• 6 cups baby red potatoes, cubed
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1 tbs. red-wine vinegar
  • 1 tbs. minced garlic
  • 2 tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • fresh chives, chopped (for garnish, optional)

1. Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the water and pour the potatoes into a large bowl. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
  2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red-wine vinegar, garlic, and the parsley.
  3. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and gently toss to coat all of the potatoes with the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped chives (or green onion) if desired. Serve at room temperature or cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Lemony Potato Salad

23 Responses to “Lemony Potato Salad”

CCU — March 6, 2013 at 4:48 am

Potatoes with lemon look like a perfect combo :D

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 6, 2013 at 8:03 am

I have made potato salad like this before, but what a great spin on it with lemon! I love it!!! I bet it gives it a nice zip!

Ramona — March 6, 2013 at 8:11 am

Mmmm… all the garlic, lemon and chives… Heaven. :) I would definitely enjoy this as much as the brownies. :)

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — March 6, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous. I love potato salad. I also love how healthy this looks!

katie — March 6, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Oh my… I have some meyer lemons on my counter right now… maybe this is what I should use them for! Looks so good!

Joanna @ Chic & Gorgeous Treats — March 6, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I love potatoes and this is absolutely great. Not sinful one bit. But you know what, I realised I have never incorporated lemon alongside with my potato salad. Time for a change. Yum!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — March 7, 2013 at 9:17 am

This is awesome. I love red potatoes!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — March 7, 2013 at 9:59 am

nutella brownies and light lemony refreshing potato salad is a perfect duo. this just cancels out all the chocolate, right?!

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies — March 7, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I was just thinking this morning about how much I wanted a nice, fresh tasting potato salad. I think you read my mind!

Nami | Just One Cookbook — March 7, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I will give this a try with Meyer Lemon tonight! It looks so simple and delicious!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — March 8, 2013 at 10:36 am

I’m so ready for Summer and BBQs and warmth. This potato salad looks wonderful and refreshing!

GourmetGetaways — March 9, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Oh this is the potato salad I make all the time! I love the fresh healthy flavours.

I have just added you to my Foodie Friends Blogroll. Pop over to my site and say hi :)

Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen — March 11, 2013 at 6:07 am

Yum, your potato salad looks lovely!

Shea @ Dixie Chik Cooks — March 11, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Love the lemon – what a great looking potato salad!

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — March 12, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I love potato salad!I hate when theyre all full of mayo though and you barely get any potato in the bite! This sounds delicious and refreshing!

natasha — March 25, 2013 at 3:13 pm

This looks so good! All I have in the house are large baking potatoes. Ive never made potato salad… do you think it will work with these?

• Stephanie replied: — March 27th, 2013 @ 12:12 am

Hi Natasha. Those should work, but I would peel them and cut them into bite size pieces before boiling.

Abby@ The Frosted Vegan — July 1, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Im so making this for 4th of July! Do you think I could toss in some grilled asparagus too?

• Stephanie replied: — July 1st, 2013 @ 11:20 pm

Absolutely, Abby!

Tricia S. — July 17, 2013 at 12:00 am

Completely forgot to come back and comment but I made this for Easter and it was a huge hit! It was sooo good and super easy to throw together. I’m going to an outdoor concert and will be making this again. It’s been added to my favorites. Thanks for the recipe.

• Stephanie replied: — July 17th, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

I’m so happy to hear that, Tricia!

1. Pingback: St Patrick's Day Healthy Recipe Round Up |