Lemony Potato Salad
After posting those decadent Nutella cheesecake brownies on Monday, I think we need something a little lighter today, don’t you think?!
Along with the brownies, I also brought this potato salad to my potluck party last week. You’ve all heard me say before how picky I am when it comes to potato salads and chicken salads. This potato salad is a great alternative if you do not like the traditional potato salad that has mayo. This lemony potato salad is light and fresh and of course, lemony!
This is also the type of dish that you can serve when warm, at room temperature, or cold, which makes it the perfect dish to bring to a party as you do not have to worry about keeping it cold or warm. I tasted some right after I mixed it up (so it was still warm), at the party (at room temp.), and then again the next day when it was cold and I liked the way it tasted every time! I think I am slightly partial to having it warm or at room temperature, but you really can’t go wrong with this one!
Lemony Potato Salad
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups baby red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs. red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 2 tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chives, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the water and pour the potatoes into a large bowl. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red-wine vinegar, garlic, and the parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and gently toss to coat all of the potatoes with the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped chives (or green onion) if desired. Serve at room temperature or cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to serve.