Yes, I am still alive over here!
Sorry for being a bad blogger. My mom and little brother came to visit us and we kept very busy. Although my husband and I have been here since October, we haven’t really gotten a chance to explore too much of Phoenix. If you follow me on Instragram, you probably saw a lot of touristy pictures this weekend. We certainly felt like tourists. We made it to an Indian’s spring training game, a cheesy ghost town, the Phoenix Zoo, and did some shopping. I’m kind of feeling like I now need a vacation from our little vacation. I decided not to open my computer while they were visiting. Sometimes it is nice to just step away from technology for a few days.
But now some of you might be thinking, “what the heck, Stephanie?” Where is our new recipes? Well, sorry, I am a slacker this week, what can I say? I’ll have something new for you guys later this week, but for now, let’s talk about Easter. I’ve collected some of my favorite recipes from my blog that you can make for your Easter brunch and for dessert! It’s kind of funny because we don’t do Easter brunch in my family. We are usually rushing out the door in the morning to get to church. We make homemade pasta and have linner instead. I love brunch though and I know many of you do as well so I hope that this gives you some good ideas for your Easter menu!
1. Pomegranate-Pear Champagne Punch – Swap out the traditional mimosa for this pretty little drink!
2. Challah Bread French Toast with Lemon Mascarpone – This french toast is easy to make for a crowd and the lemon mascarpone topping might be one of my favorite things that has ever happened.
3. Greek Yogurt with Warm Berry Sauce – Here’s another simple recipe for you. Just scoop some Greek yogurt into a serving bowl and top with this tasty berry sauce.
4. Peach Grapefruit Sangria – Sangria is not something you see too often on a brunch menu, but why the heck not?!
5. Low-Fat Spinach Cheddar Quiche with Oat Crust – I love this quiche so much. It tastes rich but without all the calories and how cute is it to serve in individual serving dishes? Your guests will love you for it.
6. Strawberry Banana Muffins – What would brunch be without a good muffin?! These muffins are dairy-free and vegan!
7. Ham and Gruyère Crêpes – Crepes are another great option for brunch because you can stuff them with pretty much anything! These have ham and gruyere cheese, but you can change this up and even do some sweet crepes with strawberries, bananas, Nutella, and whipped cream! You can also make the crepes the night before to help you save time in the morning.
1. Lemon Yogurt Cookies with Blueberry Frosting – These little cookies are fruity and are only 150 calories per cookie!
2. Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting – Oh this frosting. I could sleep in this fluffy pink frosting!
3. Mikey’s Key Lime Pie – My brother made this for Easter last year and it’s so good! Certainly the best key lime pie I have had. This pie is perfect for spring!
4. Biscotti – Being Italian, biscotti is a family tradition for every holiday. I love biscotti because it’s not overly sweet which makes it great for dessert, but also perfect for dipping in your morning coffee with breakfast!
5. Italian Biscuit Cookies – These cookies are the epitome of Easter for me. These are another family tradition and my mom and I have been making them together for years. We always do pretty pastel frostings for Easter.
6. Grapefruit Brûlée – If you’re wanting something a little lighter to serve after a big meal, then look no further!
7. Strawberries and Cream Pie – This pretty little pie graced our Easter table last year as well and it pretty much has everything I love in a pie! Stuffed with strawberries and a creamy filling and then topped with streusel topping!