Strawberry Banana Muffins (Dairy-Free)

Strawberry Banana Muffins

It’s Tuesday and I made you some strawberry banana muffins. And guess what? They are dairy-free and vegan!

Today you can find me over on my friend, Joleen’s blog, Love, Joleen. Joleen and I use to go to high school together when I lived in California so we go way back! Joleen is not a food blogger, but she is an amazing photographer and crafter. I’m super jealous of her artistic abilities! Joleen is a new mommy and is moving across the country this week so she asked me to post for her while she is in transit.

Strawberry Banana Muffins

Joleen had one request for me: Whatever I made had to be dairy-free. I don’t usually bake without dairy, but I was up for the challenge! I was very pleased with how these muffins turned out. I was worried they would be dry, but they were very moist from the coconut oil. Coconut is seriously amazing (in case you didn’t already know that!). I didn’t use very much sugar in these muffins so they are great for breakfast or a snack and are also great for kids!

So, please hop on over to Joleen’s blog for the recipe!

Strawberry Banana Muffins

Strawberry Banana Muffins

27 Responses to “Strawberry Banana Muffins (Dairy-Free)”

CCU — February 5, 2013 at 4:38 am

What perfect breakfast muffins :D

CCU

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

Thanks! They are great for breakfast on-the-go!

Ramona — February 5, 2013 at 6:46 am

We must have been on the same wavelength… I made banana strawberries muffins too yesterday. I like that your muffins are dairy free. My mother in law can’t take dairy anymore so these would be perfect for her. :) Hope your friend has a safe and easy trip across the country. :)

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

Great minds, Ramona! ;)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — February 5, 2013 at 7:38 am

Yum!! Looks good! Going to go check it out!! Love banana and strawberries together, yummy combo!

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

Thanks, Jen! Strawberry and banana are soul mates!

Jennie — February 5, 2013 at 10:25 am

I love these muffins! Strawberry banana… It doesn’t get any better than that.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — February 5, 2013 at 10:39 am

I’d love to have these around to snack on!

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:39 pm

I’ve been snacking on them everyday!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — February 5, 2013 at 12:46 pm

These are gorgeous! And they look SO tasty. Banana muffins are my fave–adding strawberries to the mix sounds lovely and so refreshing!

a farmer in the dell — February 5, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I could go for one of these muffins right about now! what a perfect way to wake up!

Ridwan — February 5, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Perfect reciipe for my Vegan Friends,I never had strawberry banana muffins, sound delicious !

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:36 pm

Thank you, Ridwan! It’s a great flavor combo!

Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie — February 5, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Ooh yum! Gorgeous pictures Stephanie!

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:36 pm

Thanks, Nicole!

JanetFCTC — February 5, 2013 at 6:26 pm

One of my boys loves that flavor combo. I make a strawberry banana jam that would go wonderfully on these.

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:36 pm

Oh Janet, strawberry banana jam?!! I don’t think I have ever seen banana jam. I want to try it right now! Is the recipe on your site?

Liz — February 5, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I always like a baking challenge and you rose to the occasion and mastered this one! Such yummy looking muffins…off to check out the recipe!

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

Thanks, Liz! Coconut oil does wonders!

Colleen, The Smart Cookie Cook — February 6, 2013 at 6:04 am

I’d never guess these were dairy-free! I’ll have to go check out the recipe on Joleen’s site just to make sure ;) One of my favorite snacks in high school was a bowl of slice strawberries and bananas, so I bet I’d love these muffins.

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

Thanks, Colleen! Strawberries and bananas are a great snack!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — February 6, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I rarely bake muffins dairy free too Stephanie! It does sound like a challenge though and you succeeded girl. They look amazing. Strawberry and banana are a match made in heaven. Love them together!

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

Thanks, Sally! I actually used your tip of using more baking powder. The first batch I made were flat and I think it was because I didn’t have enough baking powder and wasn’t baking them at a high enough temperature.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 6, 2013 at 6:20 pm

These muffins look so delicious, Stephanie! Love that they’re bursting with strawberries!

• Stephanie replied: — February 7th, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Thanks you, Georgia! The strawberries are my favorite part!

Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste — February 7, 2013 at 3:21 pm

My all-time favorite fruit combo in muffin form? I’m sold!

• Stephanie replied: — February 8th, 2013 @ 1:10 pm