Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

Yes, more red velvet. Red Velvet Pancakes were just not enough. Valentine’s Day gets me all in the red velvet mood, what can I say? You guys are okay with this, right?!

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

Valentine’s Day always makes me miss being a kid. I used to love going to the store to pick out cards to hand out in class. I usually went for ones that had a Disney princess or the girliest ones I could find. I remember giving the “coolest” cards to my closest friends. Valentine’s Day at school was always kind of a waste of a school day. Decorating bags or boxes to hold all of the cards, and then of course came all the treats and candy. And then of course, it was always fun to go through cards. It always sucked when someone else gave out the same cards as you did.

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

These red velvet rice krispie treats are perfect to bring to a school party, but also perfect to enjoy with a glass of champagne! I love the look of the pink candy melts drizzled on top, but you can also use white chocolate (but, you guys know how I feel about that…). Oh, and then sprinkles. Sprinkles are a must.

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

Yield: About 18 treats

• 3 tbs. unsalted butter
  • 1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup red velvet cake mix
  • 6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
  • pink candy melts or white chocolate (for drizzling on top)
  • sprinkles (optional)

1. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
  2. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour in the marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted. Mix in the red velvet cake mix.
  3. Pour in the cereal and mix until it is well-coated with the marshmallow mixture.
  4. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Using greased hands, spread and press down with your hands.
  5. Melt some pink candy melts or white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle on top. Add sprinkles if desired.
  6. Let the treats dry for about 2 hours before cutting.

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats

17 Responses to “Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats”

CCU — February 11, 2013 at 3:02 am

What cute valentines day treats :D

CCU

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — February 11, 2013 at 7:46 am

I love your post! Rice Krispie treats for school or served with champagne! I love it!! This is such a great recipe and fun!!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — February 11, 2013 at 9:13 am

These are perfect for bringing to a Valentine’s Day party!

Mrs. Herb — February 11, 2013 at 10:09 am

“It always sucked when someone else gave out the same cards as you did.” Totally agree! I hated that!

These are so cute! Love the cake plate with the ribbon!

a farmer in the dell — February 11, 2013 at 1:16 pm

this may just be the best rice crispy treat recipe I have ever seen!!!

Ramona — February 11, 2013 at 2:13 pm

There is no such thing as too much red velvet anything in my opinion. These are so cute and kid friendly. :) I love that cake plate too… swoon! :) I wonder how I can get my hubby to get me one for Valentine’s day. :)

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 11, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Such a cute, creative recipe for Valentine’s Day! These look DELISH!

Julie @ Table for Two — February 11, 2013 at 8:16 pm

These are so festive and I love the color of them!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — February 11, 2013 at 8:55 pm

i love that you used cocoa krispies stepanie! I love using them in rice krispie treat recipes. And I’m loving the red velvet here. :) So perfect for Valentine’s Day… or well, anyday for me!

Nami | Just One Cookbook — February 12, 2013 at 2:22 am

My children will adore this red velvet rice krispie! These pink treats are so cute and irresistible – perfect for V-day!! I like that “easy” to make part. ;)

Emily @ Life on Food — February 12, 2013 at 6:48 am

I will never tire of all things pink and red. Valentine’s celebrations are always such fun.

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — February 12, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Very cool! My kids would love these :)

Liz — February 12, 2013 at 6:10 pm

What a fun idea! And the way you’ve cut, drizzled and sprinkled these make them elegant enough for that glass of champagne!

Althea Young — February 12, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Cool valentine treat for love ones.Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats is not that expensive and I think all of us well love to eat sweets.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — February 12, 2013 at 11:48 pm

These are way gorgeous, girlie!

Wendy @ AMFT — February 14, 2013 at 5:33 pm

So pretty! I think my kids would love me forever if I made these. Lol!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — February 15, 2013 at 4:01 pm

How cute and festive are these! I love them. I was just talking about how I missed handing out colorful little Valentine’s. Growing up is hard.