Yes, Nibblies, not Nibbles. Why, you ask? Well, because I like Nibblies better.
So I am totally going to copy other bloggers. Today I bring you…well…a bunch of crap that is in my head at the moment. I’m not sure if I will do this every week, but we’ll see how it goes.
1. Hubs and I started watching Bones on Netflix a few weeks ago. We just started season 4. We are really enjoying it, but something is really bugging me. Let’s talk about Ph.D’s. The people on this show have a lot of them and it doesn’t make any sense. Like Hodgins, he has 3. Bones has 3. If you have never watched this show, you might be thinking that Hodgins and Bones are at least 40 years old. But, no, they are in their early 30’s and they have three Ph.D.’s. The one that really bugs me though is the 22-year old psychologist. As someone who actually just received a Ph.D. in psychology, I am kind of offended. This kid is 22 years old. He has two Ph.D.’s. He is already practicing on his own, working with the FBI, AND he is writing a book. Listen people, unless this kid started college when he was 7 years old, THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!
So the lesson here is that if you watch Bones, you should not feel insufficient for not having 3 Ph.D.’s.
2. Since we moved into our new place in October, I have been searching for the perfect turquoise pillows for our new couch. This sounds like a relatively easy thing to find, but it is not, okay? I refuse to settle. People don’t seem to understand the difference between turquoise, teal, and aqua. I don’t want just plain turquoise pillows, I want fun graphic prints and they don’t have to be only turquoise, they can have other colors like green, yellow, maybe some orange. I’ve been stalking sites like Joss and Main everyday to see what pops up. Oh, and I’m not spending $100 per pillow. Yeah, that’s not happening. Am I crazy?
3. I’m in a lunch rut. I need good ideas for things to bring to work for lunch. Please give me ideas.
4. The Walking Dead starts back up this Sunday. My life will be complete again and when I go to bed on Sunday nights, I will be scared that a zombie is going to appear from the darkness and eat my leg off.
5. I finally tried the new Vanilla Spice Latte from Starbucks. I’m not impressed. It sounded so lovely and I had such high hopes. Have you tried it yet?
6. I finally moved into an office at work that I will be staying put in. I’ve been bouncing all over the place since we got into our new lab space. I am feeling a serious need to decorate. Problem is there is no window, so I need lots and lots of color. My favorite color is pink. I’m worried that my office is going to look like a 5 year-old decorated it and nobody will take me seriously. I think I am going to be doing some serious damage at The Container Store this weekend.