Copycat P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Who watched the Oscars last night? I have to admit that they usually bore me. I didn’t really tune in until it was towards the end. Here are some of my thoughts:
– Anne Hathaway, I adore you, but please grow you hair back out. Your mouth is entirely too big for short hair. Also, that dress was no good.
– Kristen Stewart, how many drugs were you on last night?
– Jennifer Lawrence, you tripped walking up the stairs and it made me love you even more.
– Daniel Day Lewis, you are the man. The lipstick stain on your cheek from your wife while you were giving your speech was adorbs.
Who were your favorites last night?
Ok, ok, enough Oscar talk. Let’s get to the food. Copycat P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Let’s do this.
These lettuce wraps are probably one of the most popular dishes at P.F. Chang’s and it is certainly my favorite. I’ve been wanting to re-create them at home for some time and finally got around to it. I love the flavor of the chicken mixture and eating it with lettuce instead of rice is much healthier! The water chestnuts add a nice crunch. These wraps are just refreshing to me.
I had this dish ready to go in about 20 minutes. P.F. Chang’s serves these as an appetizer, but they are definitely filling enough for lunch or even dinner!
Copycat P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Just like the popular appetizer from P.F. Chang's!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp. sriracha (can adjust if you don't like spicy)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Iceberg, Bibb or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- cilantro (for garnish, optional)
- soy sauce, hoisin, spicy mustard sauce (for dipping, if desired)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks.
- Pour in the onion, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and the sriracha. Toss the mixture to coat all of the chicken. Continue cooking until the chicken is thoroughly cooked (about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in the water chestnuts and the green onions. Pour in the sesame oil, and add salt to taste.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl or a large plate. Scoop the chicken mixture onto the lettuce leaves. Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve!
Slightly adapted from this recipe
37 Responses to “Copycat P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps”
Pingback: Top Recipes of 2013 » Eat. Drink. Love.
Pingback: Healthy cooking! | jolsson1321
Pingback: LETTUCE WRAP RECIPE | jess & tonic