Okay, who else is obsessed with watching gymnastics?! I wish they were on every night. Definitely my favorite part of the Olympics. So entertaining to watch and how freaking adorable are the Fab Five?! I just want to give them all a big hug. Watching it also makes me want to pretend that I am also a gymnast and can do flips and twists on a 4-inch beam when in reality, I can barely walk on regular flat ground without falling down…
For me, summertime is about eating light. The last thing I usually want this time of year is a big bowl of pasta with heavy sauce. I like my summer pasta dishes to be light and full of veggies!
Oh, and let’s not forget, it also has to be covered in fresh lemon juice. Lots and lots of lemon juice.
I only had some zucchini and tomatoes on hand, but I think squash, broccoli, spinach, and mushrooms would be good too! The more the merrier, right?!
- 1/2 lb. orzo
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, diced into small bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, cook the orzo according to the package directions.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil, add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and tomatoes to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked orzo to the pan and toss to combine. Stir in the lemon zest, juice, and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.