Imagine this: you are getting ready for the day and you look in the mirror and think, “My gosh, my hair looks magnificent today.”
“Hey everyone, come see how good I look!”
Then, you head out to the office, thinking it’s going to be a great day. You go into the bathroom, look in the mirror and oh, the horror! What devilry is this?! Your perfectly coiffed hair has been ruined!!! It’s frizzy and no longer straight.
This, my friends, is the story of my life.
Damn you, humidity!!!
It’s been unbearably hot here in Florida. I think our A/C has been running non-stop every day as it is trying to keep up with the heat. And when I get hot, I am the most unpleasant person on the planet. My poor husband. I’m crabby and maybe throw a tantrum or two…My hair be a lost cause, but having a cool and delicious tasty beverage makes life so much better!
Meet my new favorite drink. Seriously, I think I could drink this all day. It’s so refreshing and fruity! What more could you ask for? And I love this cooler because you can make it with or without alcohol! Yeahhhhhh buddy!
- 2 cups watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled
- 2 limes, juiced
- simple syrup, to taste*
- 1 cup crushed ice
- About 6 cups strawberry sparkling water
- strawberry vodka (optional)*
- In a blender, add the watermelon, strawberries, lime juice, and crushed ice. Blend until smooth. Add in simple syrup to taste, blend to mix thoroughly.
- Fill each glass about half of the way with the puree, top off with the sparkling water and/or vodka and stir.
To prepare simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a sauce pan, heat until the mixture comes to a light boil and the sugar has dissolved.
If you want to make this an alcoholic beverage, add a shot of vodka to each glass and then top off with the sparkling water.