Strawberry Watermelon Coolers

Strawberry Watermelon Coolers

Imagine this: you are getting ready for the day and you look in the mirror and think, “My gosh, my hair looks magnificent today.”

“Hey everyone, come see how good I look!”

Then, you head out to the office, thinking it’s going to be a great day. You go into the bathroom, look in the mirror and oh, the horror! What devilry is this?! Your perfectly coiffed hair has been ruined!!! It’s frizzy and no longer straight.

This, my friends, is the story of my life.

Damn you, humidity!!!

It’s been unbearably hot here in Florida. I think our A/C has been running non-stop every day as it is trying to keep up with the heat. And when I get hot, I am the most unpleasant person on the planet. My poor husband. I’m crabby and maybe throw a tantrum or two…My hair be a lost cause, but having a cool and delicious tasty beverage makes life so much better!

Strawberry Watermelon Coolers

Meet my new favorite drink. Seriously, I think I could drink this all day. It’s so refreshing and fruity! What more could you ask for? And I love this cooler because you can make it with or without alcohol! Yeahhhhhh buddy!

Strawberry Watermelon Coolers

Strawberry Watermelon Coolers

Yield: about 6 servings

• 2 cups watermelon, seeds removed
  • 1 pint strawberries, hulled
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • simple syrup, to taste*
  • 1 cup crushed ice
  • About 6 cups strawberry sparkling water
  • strawberry vodka (optional)*

1. In a blender, add the watermelon, strawberries, lime juice, and crushed ice. Blend until smooth. Add in simple syrup to taste, blend to mix thoroughly.
  2. Fill each glass about half of the way with the puree, top off with the sparkling water and/or vodka and stir.

To prepare simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a sauce pan, heat until the mixture comes to a light boil and the sugar has dissolved.

If you want to make this an alcoholic beverage, add a shot of vodka to each glass and then top off with the sparkling water.

Strawberry Watermelon Coolers

23 Responses to “Strawberry Watermelon Coolers”

Choc Chip Uru — August 1, 2012 at 2:54 am

If hair doesn’t seem to be working at least this beautiful drink is :D

Joanna @ Chic & Gorgeous Treats — August 1, 2012 at 6:12 am

This is a perfect combo! Cooling and refreshing all together, perfect for any hot sunny day.. where we face it almost the entire 365 days in a year :D. Huggsss

Baker Street — August 1, 2012 at 7:24 am

I was gifted a bottle of raspberry vodka of which very little remains now! think I’ll give this a try soon.

Priya Sreeram — August 1, 2012 at 9:26 am

lovely combo- looks perfect for the sultry weather we are going thru !

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — August 1, 2012 at 9:49 am

What a beautiful drink! I love the combiantion of strawberries and watermelon.

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — August 1, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yum!!! I would totally take one of these during any of these 100+ degree days we’ve been graced with this summer! ;)

CJ at Food Stories — August 1, 2012 at 10:27 am

This recipe looks so light & refreshing :-)

Jackie @ Domestic Fits — August 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I have the opposite hair issue: I’ll spend hours curling it and in a matter of minutes it’s string and straight again. BUT I love this watermelon drink, beautiful :)

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — August 1, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Love the strawberry watermelon combo!

Cucina49 — August 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Ah, humidity. When I lived in New Orleans, I had the same thing happen with my hair–perfect amount of product, out the door, flat hair within five minutes. On the plus side, this drink is gorgeous!

Julie @ Table for Two — August 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm

humidity must be the devil’s cousin — what a bummer! i do love a great cooler though to hopefully ease the heat of the summertime!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — August 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Ugh, i’m sorry love!! Humidity is the worst But these look AMAZING! So refreshing.

Emily Lynne/The Best of this Life — August 1, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Looks beautiful and delicious! Love watermelon and strawberry combo, perfect for Summer!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — August 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

My hair refuses to be tamed, so I just let it do its own thing… which isn’t pretty! If I had one of these coolers (vodka included, please), I may forget all about my hair. They look delish!

Anne P — August 2, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I’ve given up on fighting humidity/dampness/fog/whatever and go curly with a frizz tamer… besides, there are more important things to do, such as sipping tasty watermelon coolers!

wok with ray — August 2, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Wow! Very refreshing especially for this hot summer that we are having. Beautiful drink!

Baking Serendipity — August 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I know those disaster frizz hairstyles all too well. I definitely think a ponytail and glass of this is perfect for the evening :)

Anna @ hiddenponies — August 2, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I love strawberry and watermelon together, SO refreshing! And I think my hair always looks best just as I’m about to go to bed…nice for my hubby, but he doesn’t notice the way the world would if it happened during the day :)

Emily @ Life on Food — August 3, 2012 at 6:30 am

Lucky for me my hair doesn’t do anything humid or not. I don’t like the heat though. Maybe Florida is not the best spot for you to be :) Then again if you are making drinks like this as a result maybe it is worth staying. Looking good!

Alyssa — August 5, 2012 at 8:46 am

I don’t even bother doing my hair anymore. Out of the shower and into a ponytail because it’s so humid here, there is just no use! I love this cooler! I would totally add some booze for me, but keep it G rated for the kids!

1. Pingback: Diva Summer Tips | DivaCup.com

2. Pingback: Summer Drink Recipes (Non-Alcoholic) - Moms & Munchkins

3. Pingback: 4th of July Recipe Roundup » Eat. Drink. Love.