It’s Skinny Bitch Tuesday!!
It was my turn this week to pick out the recipe and I decided to go for a dessert since we haven’t done a Skinny Bitch dessert yet! So, I chose the peach crisp. I love crisps because they are easy to make and the possibilities are endless! Clearly, my crisp is not a peach crisp. I went for a strawberry crisp! And what would make a strawberry crisp even better? That’s right. Chocolate. I’ve never put chocolate in a crisp, but I am going to do it again because this crisp was freaking awesome!
- 4 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs. honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the sliced strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix to combine. Pour the mixture into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the strawberries.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, granola, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the melted coconut oil and honey (or maple syrup). Spread the mixture evenly over the strawberries.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the fruit bubbles.
Adapted from Skinny Bitch
Don’t forget to check out what the other Skinny Bitch gals made!
Jennifer of Peanut Butter and Peppers
Michelle of The Healthy Bites