Raspberry Peach Lemonade
Ok, so I think I might be the worst blogger on the planet right now! I’ve been so neglectful! Wahhh, I’m sorry my loves!! As you know, things have been quite crazy in my world lately. This week I am in Phoenix! I had orientation at ASU for my job yesterday and today I will be finding a place to live! I love house hunting because I can pretend that I am on an episode of House Hunters. I’m that annoying lady who complains too much and nitpicks at every little thing, like, “this kitchen is too small. This closet is too small. What is that on the ceiling there? That paint color is horrendous.” But, as much as I love house hunting, I only have two days to find a place to live! Yes, 1. 2. Two. We are just looking to rent something for now, but I still want it to be nice and Hubs is not here to help me out! Oh, the pressure!!!
Despite the madness, I still have a yummy recipe to share with you all! Living in Florida and soon, Arizona, means that lemonade is a requirement for survival. After making sparkling strawberry lemonade, I really wanted to try another variation. Raspberries and peaches are a great combo! It’s not overly sweet which is important for me as I don’t like really sweet drinks. Oh, and of course, it’s refreshing! Cold and fruity lemonade…does it get any better?!
P.S. It’s currently pouring here. What the heck? Florida must have followed me here.
P.P.S. Dear In-N-Out – it will be nice to have you in our lives again. If you could please remove all of the calories from your food and shakes, I would greatly appreciate it. K, thanks.
Raspberry Peach Lemonade
Yield: about 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced, pit removed
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 6 cups water
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar or agave nectar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6-7 lemons)
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1 cup of water and the sugar or agave nectar. Heat on medium heat until the sugar or agave has dissolved. Reduce the heat and add the sliced peaches and raspberries and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a blender. Remove the top cap to let the heat escape and cover with a towel to avoid a mess! Puree the fruit until smooth. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Once cooled, pour the fruit puree through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard the solids.
- In the pitcher, add the lemon juice and the rest of the water. Stir to combine and serve over ice!
23 Responses to “Raspberry Peach Lemonade”
Pingback: Blueberry Lemonade - Eat. Drink. Love.