Skinny Bitch Tuesdays: Potato Goat Cheese Bake
What up, peeps? I only have about one more day to finish writing my dissertation, so this is going to be a REALLY quick post!
It’s another Skinny Bitch Tuesday! This week Michelle chose the Breakfast Bake. After reading the ingredients though, I thought this dish would also work really well as a side for dinner so that’s how I prepared it. But, it would also be really tasty for breakfast!
Aside from making this for dinner instead of breakfast, I chose to add spinach and swapped out the cheddar cheese for goat cheese, because well, goat cheese rocks my world. I also threw in a splash of white wine for extra flavor (you might want to leave that out if you are making this for breakfast though). This is actually a really versatile dish. You could pretty much add in anything you wanted to. Some diced peppers would also be pretty tasty. If you want to make this more breakfast-y, then you could add in some bacon or crumbled sausage. Oh, and of course, any type of cheese will do!
Potato Goat Cheese Bake
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- splash white wine
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms, and spinach and toss to combine. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the white wine, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the potato mixture into a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over the top of the potatoes.
Calories per serving: 145
Adapted from Skinny Bitch
Don’t forget to check out what the other Skinny Bitch gals made!
Claire of The Realistic Nutritionist
Jennifer of Peanut Butter and Peppers
Michelle of The Healthy Bites