Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies

Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies

Hello, friends! Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. the last few days. We made it to Cleveland safe and sound. We have already been so busy with visiting family and friends. It’s so nice to be home! I have been enjoying catching with everyone and enjoying the lovely Cleveland summer nights. You can’t usually say anything good about Cleveland weather, but I do enjoy summer nights here. It’s nice and cool and although there are mosquitoes, there aren’t nearly as many scary bugs crawling around as there are in Florida. Oh, and lighting bugs!! I love lighting bugs!

I have another simple 4th of July recipe to share with you all today. Back when I made my Challah bread french toast topped with lemon mascarpone, I knew I needed to find other recipes that I could squeeze some lemon mascarpone in. You can never have enough lemon mascarpone, peeps.

These little pies are so perfect for summer and for the 4th of July! They are easy to make and don’t require turning on your oven! I loved them because they are not too heavy and they have such a nice light and sweet flavor with a hint lemon. They are also mini-sized! Mini-sized desserts = cute and great for portion control!

Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies

Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies

Yield: 6 mini pies

• 6 oz. mascarpone cheese
  • 1 8-ounce container whipped topping
  • 1 lemon
  • 6 mini graham cracker pie shells
  • strawberries, blueberries (or fruits of your choice)

1. In a bowl, beat together the mascarpone cheese and whipped topping. Add in the zest of about half of a lemon along with some lemon juice (you can use half of a lemon or more if you want the flavor to stand out more). Stir to combine.
  2. Divide the mixture evenly amongst each of the mini pie shells.
  3. Slice strawberries into thin slices. Arrange on top of the pie along with some of the blueberries. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.

I thought that these little pies were perfectly sweet, but if you prefer a sweeter flavor, you can beat in some confectioner's sugar about 1 tbs. at a time until the mixture reaches your desired sweetness.

Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies

36 Responses to “Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies”

Priya Sreeram — July 2, 2012 at 3:18 am

good one !

Ramona — July 2, 2012 at 7:06 am

You know I love a no-bake pie!! I love this little mini version… so cute!! I have to think of going “mini” next time. :) Glad you made it to Cleveland safely and are having such a great time!! Have a wonderful and safe 4th!! ~ Ramona

Autumn@Good Eats Girl — July 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

What a perfect summer dessert! And it’s so cute! I love mini desserts!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — July 2, 2012 at 10:25 am

These little tarts are so perfect! I just love them!!

Alysia @ Slim Sanity — July 2, 2012 at 1:58 pm

very cute little desserts!!

Colleen — July 2, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I LOVE anything with mascarpone in it. Plus these are so easy! Can’t go wrong with that.

Ridwan — July 2, 2012 at 7:38 pm

What a beautiful yummy pie,I love the blended ingredients on this pie,sound delicious !!

Julie @ Table for Two — July 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm

oh wow, the combination of lemon and mascarpone is such an amazing consistency and flavor. these look amazing!!

Kelly @ Inspired Edibles — July 2, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Lemon and mascarpone is a delicious combination and these tarts look perfect for the 4th! Love the photo of the pies side-by-side. Lovely!

Reem | Simply Reem — July 3, 2012 at 12:09 am

These look adorable!!
    Perfect dessert for 4th July!!

Baker Street — July 3, 2012 at 2:47 am

Holy yum! Mini mascarpone pies? lovely presentation and great choice of berries, Steph!

Emily @ Life on Food — July 3, 2012 at 6:12 am

Mascarpone is great to work with it. These pies are super cute. Elegant and delicious!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — July 3, 2012 at 7:30 am

Glad to hear you had a good time in Cleveland. These little pies look delicious and, better yet, no baking required. I love to hear that on a hot Summa day.

BTW, you won a little something, something over at my blog. Visit my site for the details.

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — July 3, 2012 at 3:33 pm

These are just too cute! And I love how easy they are to assemble!

Nami | Just One Cookbook — July 4, 2012 at 1:22 am

You must know me by now as non baker and this sounds like something I can comfortably make? =D The best part is that these are so cute that it’s worth making them!!

Lynda Bay — July 4, 2012 at 3:11 am

Sweet! So preppy and easy!

Pooja — July 4, 2012 at 9:14 am

Too good, tasty and cute recipe. Love to eat thema nd make them.

Elyse @The Cultural Dish — July 4, 2012 at 11:05 am

I love these mini pies so much! The flavors are so perfect too for summer!

Gourmantine — July 4, 2012 at 11:45 am

These look so pretty and cute!!!

Katerina — July 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Perfect, refreshing and tasty little treats!

Choc Chip Uru — July 4, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Utterly gorgeous little fruit pies :D

Baking Serendipity — July 4, 2012 at 9:12 pm

How did I miss that you were from Cleveland all this time?! I’m from, and living back here now! Not sure how long you’re in town for, or when you’ll be back, but if you’d ever like to meet up, let me know :) PS: Love the marscapone in these!

• Stephanie replied: — July 5th, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Haha! I know! We came up for a wedding and to visit family! I’m not sure I will have time this visit, but we’ll be back around the holidays. We try to come at least once a year. I would love to meet up sometime though! I’ll let you know!

ellenbcookery — July 5, 2012 at 9:39 am

YUM. These look great! I love the simplicity!

Anita at Hungry Couple — July 5, 2012 at 9:54 am

What a great little idea for a light dessert. Love it.

Chris and Amy — July 5, 2012 at 10:19 am

Cute, light, delicious – totally perfect for summer!

FreeSpiritEater — July 5, 2012 at 5:51 pm

These fruit pies look awesome! Gorgeous photos too!

Joanna @ Chic & Gorgeous Treats — July 5, 2012 at 11:26 pm

One word Stephanie, YUMMMM.. I really love treats in mini sizes, and simply can’t resist tarts or pies. Simple and light! Have a good time.. xoxo, Jo

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table — July 5, 2012 at 11:57 pm

these are so pretty and perfect for the 4th! love that you used mascarpone here rather than just cream cheese. i love the richness it adds!

Alyssa — July 6, 2012 at 1:34 am

I’m glad you made it safely! I agree about the bugs in Florida! Lol! When we lived there, we bought a nice patio set and fire pit, but when I saw the size of the spiders and the other things that crawl in the night, I refused to use it!!! These pies are so cute, I love it! I saw some mascarpone the other day for the first time here and I thought of your french toast. I don’t know which recipe I like better, they both sound great!

Cucina49 — July 6, 2012 at 4:22 pm

These look so good–and an easy preparation for a hoilday dinner! Have a lovely time in Cleveland–it’s my husband’s hometown, and now I’m noting not to go there in the summer.

Terra — July 13, 2012 at 12:24 am

I hope you had a wonderful trip in Cleveland!!! These little pies are just too adorable:-) Perfect flavors for Summer! Hugs, Terra

Kelly @ IdealistMom.com — July 9, 2013 at 10:10 am

This looks delicious! But what I love *most* is how simple and straightforward it looks. :-) Pinning it now!

1. Pingback: Strawberry Blueberry Salsa - Eat. Drink. Love.

2. Pingback: Patriotic Popcorn » Eat. Drink. Love.

3. Pingback: 4th of July Recipe Roundup » Eat. Drink. Love.