Hello, friends! Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. the last few days. We made it to Cleveland safe and sound. We have already been so busy with visiting family and friends. It’s so nice to be home! I have been enjoying catching with everyone and enjoying the lovely Cleveland summer nights. You can’t usually say anything good about Cleveland weather, but I do enjoy summer nights here. It’s nice and cool and although there are mosquitoes, there aren’t nearly as many scary bugs crawling around as there are in Florida. Oh, and lighting bugs!! I love lighting bugs!
I have another simple 4th of July recipe to share with you all today. Back when I made my Challah bread french toast topped with lemon mascarpone, I knew I needed to find other recipes that I could squeeze some lemon mascarpone in. You can never have enough lemon mascarpone, peeps.
These little pies are so perfect for summer and for the 4th of July! They are easy to make and don’t require turning on your oven! I loved them because they are not too heavy and they have such a nice light and sweet flavor with a hint lemon. They are also mini-sized! Mini-sized desserts = cute and great for portion control!
- 6 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 8-ounce container whipped topping
- 1 lemon
- 6 mini graham cracker pie shells
- strawberries, blueberries (or fruits of your choice)
- In a bowl, beat together the mascarpone cheese and whipped topping. Add in the zest of about half of a lemon along with some lemon juice (you can use half of a lemon or more if you want the flavor to stand out more). Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly amongst each of the mini pie shells.
- Slice strawberries into thin slices. Arrange on top of the pie along with some of the blueberries. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.
I thought that these little pies were perfectly sweet, but if you prefer a sweeter flavor, you can beat in some confectioner's sugar about 1 tbs. at a time until the mixture reaches your desired sweetness.