Guys, guess what?! I finished writing my dissertation! I’m so exhausted, I can’t even tell you! Now I just have to defend the paper in front of my committee in a couple of weeks and I am D.O.N.E!! It’s been a long 6 years of grad school and I’m so excited to finally be here. Now let’s just hope I pass my defense! AHHHHH!! But, for now, I am taking the weekend off!
Alright, so the other day, I was thinking about yummy, summery appetizers. And then I thought about avocados, mango, and bread. I mean, how can you go wrong with that combo?! And seriously, this appetizer is so light and refreshing and it just tastes like summer. I love it so much, I could make a meal out of it and I totally did for lunch yesterday.
And don’t they look fancy? I want you all to make this for your next summer garden party. Because I know you guys are so fancy and have summer garden parties all the time..
- 1 garlic clove
- extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups mango, diced into bite-size pieces (can use fresh or frozen)
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take the garlic clove and rub onto the top of each piece of bread. Brush the tops with the olive oil. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven until lightly toasted (you can also do this on the grill if desired).
- In a bowl, combine the diced avocado, diced mango, and lime juice. Toss to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Scoop about 1-2 tbs. of the mixture on top of each slice of toasted bread. Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on top and serve.
Not into mangoes? Try peaches or strawberries instead!