Why is goat cheese so fantastic? I mean, honestly, I want to smear it on everything. Omelets, sandwiches, bread, pasta, crackers, a spoon, my finger, etc…
If you love cheese as much as I do, boy, do I have a treat for you today! I was recently contacted by Daelia’s Biscuits for Cheese, a new company that creates delicious crackers for cheese pairings!
They asked me to come up with a cheese recipe to go with their crackers. You know I had to accept this challenge! Imagine my excitement when I received this box of goodies!
I received three different kinds: almond and raisin, hazelnut and fig, and pumpkin and rye. Daelia’s provides a list of cheeses that pair with each biscuit. I knew I wanted to do something with goat cheese! So, I whipped up a quick spread with lemon and honey mixed in! It was suggested that goat cheese pairs well with the almond raisin biscuits. Boy, were they right about that! First, the biscuit is slightly sweet, very similar to a biscotti cookie! Then you get a hint of black pepper which gives it a nice little kick! And paired with the sweet goat cheese spread, it was perfection!
I also paired the goat cheese spread with the hazelnut and fig biscuits, which for me, was my fave hands down of the three flavors! I also enjoyed the pumpkin and rye biscuits and I don’t even like rye! Though, this one did not pair so well with the goat cheese spread I made.
I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked these crackers! And what I like even more about them is that they are all-natural! I would definitely serve these for a wine and cheese party!
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbs. honey (can use more or less to adjust sweetness)
- In a bowl, mix together the goat cheese, lemon juice and zest, and honey. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve!
Guess what?!! Daelia’s is going to send a box of their biscuits to one of YOU! One lucky winner will receive a box of Daelia’s delicious biscuit flavors so you can get your own cheese tasting party on!
1. Tell me your favorite type of cheese. (required entry)
For additional entries:
1. Like Daelia’s Biscuits on Facebook. Leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
2. Follow Daelia’s Biscuits on Twitter. Leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
3. Like Eat. Drink. Love. on Facebook. Leave me a separate comment telling me you did so.
4. Follow Eat. Drink. Love. on Twitter. Leave me a separate comment telling me you did so.
So that’s 5 ways to win a box of these goodies!
- This giveaway is open until 11:59PM EST on Monday, June 25th
- Winner will be chosen via a random number generator
- Giveaway is open for U.S. residents only
- Winner will receive an email notifying them they have won. The winner has 24 hours to claim this prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review. All views expressed in this review are my own.