Move over regular guacamole. There’s a new guacamole in town and it is CrAzY!
I heart guacamole. I heart it so much. I can’t even stand it. It’s one of the few foods I think I could eat over and over and not get sick of it. And believe me, that’s saying a lot for me because I tend to get sick of things really quickly. You can never put enough of it on my food. When I go to Chipotle and they put a huge pile of it on my bowl, it’s like pure bliss. We love all Mexican food in general in this house, so I am mixing up bowls of guacamole pretty frequently. I could eat a bowl of it as a meal if you let me. Now, if only the chips were zero calories and I’d feel less guilty about eating the entire bowl…
I decided to kick regular guac into something even more amazing. This is no ordinary bowl of guacamole! This guacamole has corn and tomatoes and extra jalapeno! The extra stuff makes it heartier and adds texture and more flavor. I think I need to go make another bowl. Like right now…
Yield: serves 4-6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 ripe California avocados
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tsp. jalapeño pepper, minced (remove seeds), add more for more heat
- 2/3 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 tbs. of freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 to 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Slice each avocado in half. Remove the pit. With a knife, score each half of the avocados about 3-4 times lengthwise and then again 3-4 times widthwise. Take a spoon and scoop out the avocado into a bowl, it should come out in cubes.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients into the avocados. If you want a chunkier guacamole, fold in gently to avoid overly mashing the avocados. Stick the guac in the fridge for about 30 minutes and serve!
Serving Size: about 1/4 cup; Calories per serving: 124
91 Responses to “Crazy Guacamole”
Pingback: corn guacamole « Ambs Loves Food
Pingback: Quick & Easy Guacamole « A Cedar Spoon.
Pingback: Corn Salsa
Pingback: Low-Fat Super Bowl Recipe Ideas