Peach Grapefruit Sangria

Peach Grapefruit Sangria

Sangria. I freaking love it. Sangria makes me think of warm weather and being outside. Sitting on the porch in a nice comfy chair, looking at some pretty scenery, a pool, kids playing. Surrounded by good friends and family. Ah, heaven.

Now, if only that was the actual situation at my apartment. Instead of seeing a beautifully landscaped backyard, I see another building, bugs, and the annoying kids in the complex who play on our back stairs and mess things up on our porch (“Damn you kids, get off my lawn!”) and just leave their popsicle and juice box wrappers. Sigh. At least I can pretend I’m sitting poolside sans tons of bugs and misbehaved children and have a pitcher of this sangria.

Oh, and quick side note. I just realized that the last three posts I have done all have booze in them. No, I do not have a drinking problem. I just like using booze in my cooking. Except for this sangria, I do love to drink this sangria. I love this sangria because the grapefruit gives it a nice tang and it’s not overly sweet. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits and work so well in this sangria!

Peach Grapefruit Sangria

Peach Grapefruit Sangria

Yield: serves 4

• 1 bottle white wine (go for something light and fruity)
  • 2 cups peaches, diced
  • 1/2 grapefruit, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups peach soda or ginger ale
  • 1/4 cup sugar + 1/4 cup water (optional)

1. Combine the wine, peaches, grapefruit, and soda or ginger ale in a large pitcher.
  2. If you want the sangria to be sweeter, heat sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves to make a simple syrup. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Stir in the simple syrup to reach desired sweetness.
  3. Refrigerate the sangria for at least two hours before serving.

Want to make your sangria more fizzy? Swap out the wine for some champagne!

Peach Grapefruit Sangria

31 Responses to “Peach Grapefruit Sangria”

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — April 4, 2012 at 12:38 am

I’m not much of an alcoholic drinker but give me a sangria and I’m game. I love that you used both peach and grapefruit – it looks incredibly refreshing, and just in time for spring!

Kim Bee — April 4, 2012 at 12:40 am

Okay this would make me drink alcohol for sure. There is something so fresh and lovely about sangria. This one is calling my name,

Baker Street — April 4, 2012 at 3:24 am

Ooh! Any recipe that starts with a bottle of wine is my kind of treat. Lovely clicks steph.

Tya @ Note Etc. — April 4, 2012 at 4:29 am

I love it, that’s very refresing, and I’m very agree with you, relaxing good weather surrounded by friends, are the best way to enjoying our life :)

cheers

Choc Chip Uru — April 4, 2012 at 5:37 am

This drink looks seriously delicious :D
    A little apple juice substitution never hurt me!

Medeja — April 4, 2012 at 6:33 am

I love Sangria, but I haven’t tried this kind of Sangria, it sounds great!

Emily @ Life on Food — April 4, 2012 at 6:50 am

This is so pretty. I am pinning this for later. Definitely something I want to have on hand the next time I have people over or really just after a long hot day. Beautiful!

Kaitlin — April 4, 2012 at 8:31 am

I love sangria also. This recipe makes me feel like summer is just around the corner! It’s so pretty too :)

Grubarazzi — April 4, 2012 at 9:10 am

Oh this is just so pretty. I would down a jug of this so fast… I need a straw.

Viviane Bauquet Farre — April 4, 2012 at 9:50 am

Remarkably refreshing! I love those chunks of fruit floating around and the crisp, clean, translucent color is very appealing for a warm spring day!

Kiri W. — April 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

I loove sangria, but have never had it with grapefruit. I am a bit scared of the thought because bitter foods and me… well, not so much. Love the color you’re getting!

Ramona — April 4, 2012 at 10:52 am

LOL!! Darn those kids… you made me laugh at that image! Yes… this drink can take anyone beach-side or poolside. I love fruity drinks and the wine ain’t bad either! :)

Anna @ hiddenponies — April 4, 2012 at 11:05 am

Oh wow, grapefruit AND peaches! I must make this asap – gorgeous!

Tina (PinayInTexas) — April 4, 2012 at 1:04 pm

So pretty and refreshing! This is my kind of sangria! Love the combination of peach and grapefruit here.

Tina@flourtrader — April 4, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Peaches and grapefruit are new friends to me. I have never seen this combo before but no doubt the blend does give you a blast of tart and sweet-yum! I will need to try this-perfect for anytime but I am sure most appreciated in the heat of August! Cheers Steph!

Colleen — April 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Wow, this is such a beautiful, light, and refreshing drink! I just might have to try a mocktail version!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 4, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I love a good sangria, and could definitely use one with Texas’s warm temperatures lately! This looks absolutely perfect for one of those days, and so soothing. Great recipe, Stephanie!

Liz @ Southern Charm — April 4, 2012 at 5:15 pm

This is PERFECT for a porch day!! Love!

Lisa @ Sweet 2 Eat Baking — April 4, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Peach and grapefruit? You’re my new BFF! Your Sangria looks amazing, the colours look so refreashing, reminds me of summer days sat outside in the sun with music in the background. Ahhh. Although that seems so far away now with the recent bout of snow this morning, eeps!

Baking Serendipity — April 4, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Sangria might just be my favorite thing about summer. I love yours with the grapefruit (totally new to me)!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — April 4, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I love that it is getting to be Sangria season! This sounds wonderful with the grapefruit in there!

Alyssa — April 4, 2012 at 11:28 pm

My husband LOVES sangria! Actually he loves all fruity drinks. I used to think it was too sweet until I had one that was made well. This does look like summertime in a glass! And don’t you have to laugh when you realize you must be getting older when you start to feel like, “damn those kids,” forgetting you were once probably one of them! LOL!

myfudo — April 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

Absolutely refreshing…Perfect for the weather! a must try!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — April 5, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Looks pretty perfect to me!

Cucina49 — April 5, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I love sangria too, as long as it’s not too sweet–I think the use of grapefruit juice helps keep it in balance. This looks delicious!

claudia @whats cookin italian cuisine — April 5, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Very refreshing great photos!

FreeSpiritEater — April 5, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Absolutely stunning! Your photos are flawless and this sangria looks so refreshing. I’m thirsty now lol. Thanks for sharing Stephanie, you did a wonderful job!

1. Pingback: Every Recipe for The Perfect Easter Brunch | Yummly

2. Pingback: Cinco de Mayo Recipe Round-Up

3. Pingback: Easter Recipe Roundup » Eat. Drink. Love.

4. Pingback: Strawberry Sangria » Eat. Drink. Love.