Remember last week when I shared my Strawberry Sherbet recipe? Well, after making that deliciousness, I had a lot of strawberries left over. I decided to keep the frozen treats coming.
So strawberry sorbet it was. But, not just any old strawberry sorbet, this one has champagne in it. Champagne makes everything better, especially when combined with strawberries. I’m definitely making this one again, except next time, I’m doubling the recipe and adding more champagne. It’s like happy hour and dessert all in one. Happy Friday.
- 2 1/2 cups hulled strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 cup champagne
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside and cool. The mixture should thicken into a simple syrup as it cools.
- Add the strawberries to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl. If you do not want seeds in your sorbet, place a mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the mixture through the strainer to remove the seeds.
- Stir in the simple syrup, lemon juice, and champagne. Cover and chill completely (at least 2 hours).
- Add the mixture to the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according the the manufacturer's instructions.
You can adjust the sweetness in this recipe to be sweeter or less sweet. Just remember that to make the simple syrup, you should have equal parts sugar and water.