Hi Friends! I’m back in California for my best friend, Crystal’s, wedding this Saturday. I’m so excited for her and am so glad the big day is finally here!
Ok, so there is nothing attractive about this stuffed brie. Like seriously, it’s pretty hard to make a chunk of ooey gooey cheese stuffed with crap look attractive. But, let me tell you, this ooey gooey cheese stuffed with crap was AWESOME! I could not stop eating it. I don’t even want to know how much cheese I ate, it’s just too embarrassing. This is another recipe I made with my girlfriends last weekend. Although the night was low in carbs, it was obviously not low in fat, LOL! Mushrooms tossed in some white wine and garlic and then stuffed into brie cheese. Does it get any better than this?!! You could taste some of the white wine with almost every bite, which made it even more prefect!
We bought a larger round of brie this time around! I do recommend that if you plan to make this and have a piece of brie that is more than 7 ounces, you might want to consider almost doubling the mushroom recipe. We used a 13-inch round piece and I felt it could have used way more of the mushroom stuffing!
Mushroom Stuffed Brie
– 1 7-8 ounce round piece of brie cheese
– 1 cup mushrooms, sliced and cleaned
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 tbs. finely chopped onion
– 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
– 1/4 cup white wine
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the piece of brie in half using a sharp knife and place on foil or in a 8X8 baking dish.
2. In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and the wine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the wine is mostly absorbed. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Scoop the mixture on one half of the cheese round. Place the other half on top. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted to your desired consistency.