Alrighty friends, I have yet another quinoa recipe for you! I made this last month, but I figure that after tomorrow, you all will be over your pumpkin-cravings. So, if you are looking for some new ways to use up that pumpkin puree, here you go! This breakfast quinoa is just as filling as oatmeal and tastes like fall in a bowl! I topped mine with almonds and blueberries, but dried cranberries would have been better if I had them.
Also, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for each and every one of you that continues to read my blog!
Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa
– 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinse if not already pre-washed)
– 1 cup skim milk
– 1 cup water
– 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
– 1/3 cup brown sugar*
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
– 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
– 1/2 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
– pinch of salt
– 1/4 cup dried cranberries or fruit of your choice
1. In a saucepan, add the water, milk, and quinoa. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients and serve!
- You can adjust the sugar in this recipe to meet your own tastes. You can swap out the brown sugar for Splenda or Stevia if you want to make this sugar-free. You can also add more or less of the brown sugar. It’s really up to you!