Ah, Monday. We meet again. Oh, how you torture me with your long work day. All I wish is for you to go by quickly so I can go home, get in pj’s, and watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills…
We had another pretty lazy weekend and I am not complaining! With only a week to go until Halloween, there has been quite a lot of great scary movies on! I’m not usually a fan of scary movies, but when October comes, I just get sucked in. But, really, I mostly just like the classic horror films, like Halloween. Obviously, the first is the best one, but for whatever reason, I always watch all of the sequels every year, including the one with Busta Rhymes where he says things like, “Happy Halloween, B#%&@!” I mean, the movie is so stupid, but I can’t look away. ‘Tis the season!
Now, enough rambling and onto this BBQ shredded chicken…In continuing with my lazy weekend, I just didn’t feel like spending the day in the kitchen yesterday. It was time to pull out the Crockpot again! This BBQ shredded chicken really couldn’t be easier to make, which makes it perfect for lazy days or long work days!
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
– 6 Chicken Breasts
– 1 bottle of BBQ Sauce (We like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
– 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean and trim fat off the chicken breasts. Add to slow cooker. Add 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and the apple cider vinegar. Cook on low for 5 1/2 hours.
2. After 5 1/2 hours, remove chicken and shred using a fork. If you don’t want your chicken to be too liquidy, you can pour out the liquid into a bowl and save for later. Or you can leave the liquid in (I do recommend leaving at least a little bit of the liquid in to avoid drying out the chicken). Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker. Add the remaining BBQ Sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes. Serve.
- If you are a big BBQ lover (like my husband!), then you can also reserve some of the BBQ sauce to just spread directly into your sandwiches.