I love salad. I could eat it every day. I call this my “Everything But the Kitchen Sink Salad” because I throw so many different ingredients into it depending on what I have in the fridge and pantry. I’m going to give you a pretty standard ingredient list that I use for this salad, but there are so many other ingredients you could add to it! I make this salad quite frequently for lunches and dinners. For the chicken, I use whatever I have on hand: grilled chicken, roasted chicken, or deli sliced chicken breast. When it comes to salad dressings, I prefer to make my own.
Everything But The Kitchen Sink Salad
- 2 1/2 c. rinsed and chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tbs. diced red onion
-1 tbs. chopped cilantro
-1/4 c. canned and drained sweet corn
-1/4 c. diced or shredded monterey jack cheese (mozzarella would also work!)
-1/4 c. raw almonds (whole or sliced)
-1 c. cooked chicken breast
-1/2 c. diced tomatoes
- Other ingredients you can add: chick peas, hard-boiled egg, olives, etc.!
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
-1 tbs. red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar (I like to change it up!)
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. black pepper
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1. Rinse and chop lettuce and put in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Chop onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and toss into bowl.
3. Add cheese, almonds, and corn.
3. In a separate small bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and garlic powder. Whisk together until well-blended.
4. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss, and enjoy!